Allpar Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,841 Posts
? Which one ?

Just speaking for not so little ole me......I'm rather fond of the 1981-1983 version. Too bad it wasn't better executed. And...in retrospect, it might have been wiser to go with the 360-4 Barrel for the car instead of the ill fated fuel injected 318.

View attachment 89621

Now.....If you're talking about the infamous K-based 4-door Imperial, THEN...I'm totally with you!;)
Sadly the 360, 2 or 4 bbl, was gone from the cars by this time. It just didn’t run clean enough for car emissions so 1980 was the last year for any 360 in a car in the US (unless you were in California which lost it a year earlier). The 360 lived on in trucks which has looser emissions rules.

Reactions: MillennialMopar

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,488 Posts
Sadly the 360, 2 or 4 bbl, was gone from the cars by this time. It just didn’t run clean enough for car emissions so 1980 was the last year for any 360 in a car in the US (unless you were in California which lost it a year earlier). The 360 lived on in trucks which has looser emissions rules.
And I always wondered that after 1980, the 360 was sourced from Mexico since the Windsor engine plant closed didn't have something to do with that as well.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I love how opinions vary from the “the brand is dying, it only has a 3 vehicle line up” to “its a mistake to branch out, they need to keep producing nothing but muscle cars”
Not that I Do any better at armchair ceo, but the sky is always falling here on these forums. especially dissapointing when the discussion is started with such positive news..
It’s easy to keep Jeep as Jeep and ram as ram
Can very easily make the same cars, crossovers, vans for Chrysler and dodge, just make one luxury and comfort and the other sporty
Yes it’s badge engineering but who cares if they are good and they actually follow the true path

21 - 25 of 25 Posts