Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Charger Pursuit AWD
608 Posts
I would had loved to see the evolution of the LH cars if the Germans never took over.
Problem was, they claim they didn't have sufficient engineering expertise to take the LH (we'll recall it was designed to accommodate FWD, RWD, and AWD) to the place where the LX began.

Horse hockey.
Hello? JTE, can you help us ????

Actually, as far as suspension goes, Bob Batchelor had already redesigned the M-body's transverse torsion bars for use in the '88-'92 Eagle Premiere and Dodge Monaco (from which the LH was developed), correcting its bizarre geometry and flimsy attaching points.
Out back, the Viper already showcased an IRS they could've adapted.

The 3G Hemi V8, designed more as a race engine than a street engine, could certainly have used the durability of the 5.2/5.9 Magnum series, but the transmissions would've remained an issue at the time. In that regard, one of very few good things about the Daimler era was the adaptation of the Mercedes 722.6 5-spd auto, itself a manifestation of the 5HP30, which began a return to Chrysler's long tradition of durabile drivetrain components.

The LH was a very solid, sturdy architecture. I owned a '97 Concorde and a '00 Intrepid, and the improvements/refinements made in that refresh were every bit as remarkable as what we'd see later between the LX and LD cars.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd love to have a totally LUX'D-OUT, LWB, twint-turbo 392, 8spd formthemfinalmrun but, the brevity of this discussion is testimony to the likelihood any of our dreams/wishes coming true...lol!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I'd love to have a totally LUX'D-OUT, LWB, twint-turbo 392, 8spd formthemfinalmrun but, the brevity of this discussion is testimony to the likelihood any of our dreams/wishes coming true...lol!
Build it yourself. It's called a hot rod!
:giggle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts