Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Gone, boy was there a lot of them
They were popping up about 1 every 60 sec @ around 8AM EST Sunday morning. I e-mailed Dave and he e-mailed back @ around 11AM that he was still trying to stamp it out or shut it down or whatever you have to do to end it. I only saw it on the "Mopar News" site, not any of the others.

·
Jeepaholic
6,404 Posts
I saw them around 1:30 am this morning and reported one of them. They were multiplying like bacteria..lol.

Reactions: suzq044

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,456 Posts
It's starting again - about 5 posted in the last hour or so.

·
Super Moderator
7,076 Posts
It's starting again - about 5 posted in the last hour or so.
There are several in the Grand Cherokee/Durango section. I can only delete posts out of the News & Rumors section so if no one else is online to take care of it, I'm just slapping all the spammers I see with a 10 point warning to suspend their account and prevent that account from posting until someone else can deal with it.

·
Jeepaholic
6,404 Posts
Russian Bots
Yes, they do seem to be in a hurry! Get it? Russian (Rushing) bots? :p

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all night folks, be sure to tip your waitress! :D

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yep, a typical spam bot. Lots of forums have this issue. There are a variety of countermeasures for this, the easiest of which are geo-blocking IP addresses, and making membership require moderator approval (as mentioned before).

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'd have to divorce my foot from a place the sun doesn't shine if I ever found out who did that...… sad individual(s).

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yes, they do seem to be in a hurry! Get it? Russian (Rushing) bots? :p

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all night folks, be sure to tip your waitress! :D
You forgot to recommend the Filet of Salmon Almondine! You knew the kitchen's been pushing that this week, didn't you?:p:D

But seriously.....this might be one of the precious few legitimate posts that gets through all night.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts