Allpar Forums banner

Holy manifold Batman!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  85lebaront2 
#1 ·
Hello All, Am I just lucky or is it a common occurrence to blow a hole in a (an) exhaust manifold on a 5.2? Saw the flange had rested through on the pass. side so replaced the "y" pipe and on the drivers side it's still just sounds as if I were running open headers. Can't feel a hole but.... And if that manifold if bad, what kind of headache am I in for getting those bolts out? Thanks all in advance.

#3 ·
Thanks for the come back. Soaked them for two days with PB Blaster and they came right out but, I had two surprises. First, there was GASKET between the manifold and the head and the mating surface for the "y" pipe was about 2/3rds the size as it should be. Good reason for it not to seal but I'll be dammed if I can figure out why on an engine with less than 90,000 miles on it. Guess we will see if a new manifold cures it. Still surprised about the missing gasket though.

#7 ·
Ford has been building there engines for a long time with no manifold exhaust manifold gaskets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.