Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know if a Honda 3.5 v6 uses a timing belt or a chain. Also, if it is a belt, is it a non interference engine?

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know. Odyssey is definitely off the list. I'm afraid to find out how much a belt replacement would be on one.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,813 Posts
I wouldn't touch an Odyssey. Neighbor had a 2000. It's transmission failed at 50,000 miles (replaced under warranty). At about 100,000 it failed again. Honda wanted $5,000 to replace (out of warranty). He got rid of it and has a Subaru.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't touch an Odyssey. Neighbor had a 2000. It's transmission failed at 50,000 miles (replaced under warranty). At about 100,000 it failed again. Honda wanted $5,000 to replace (out of warranty). He got rid of it and has a Subaru.
This one has 136K miles. So that is another issue to be wary about. I really want to get us a T&C or a GC. I know what to expect, but they are just hard to find locally. I'd rather not have to journey to Columbus to buy anything, but we might have to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
3.5 is belt. I haven’t had one bend a valve yet and we do tons of them. That being said if it says interference engine it is a possibility...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts