Allpar Forums banner

Hornets showing up on Dodge website inventory in the build phase

4432 Views 43 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  valiant67
Reactions: multimopes
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Build & Price is Up...

GT Plus Starts at 35,490. Added Red Paint and Seats = 37,085. Adding the 20in wheels automatically gives me the 2,995 Track Pack Package = 39,585. Adding Tech Pack = 41,830 basically fully loaded.

Hybrid not Available yet

· Super Moderator
21,363 Posts
Bad news that some in here will love:

Hornet deliveries are being held at port until March. They are building volume and will have a giant media ride & drive push at that time. RT/RT Plus not coming until late April.
Not surprised since there are no published EPA economy figures or pending window stickers.

· LOAD "*",8,1
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2018 Kia Niro
1,233 Posts
Yeah, annoying but it makes sense, they don't have everything lined up yet and a trickle of cars will make them look bad if they're planning a big press push. How many dealers and brands get beat on when they announce a car and it's a months-long wait to get one assuming you can? Listening, Ford?

· Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,835 Posts
Bad news that some in here will love:

Hornet deliveries are being held at port until March. They are building volume and will have a giant media ride & drive push at that time. RT/RT Plus not coming until late April.
Why is it bad news? They announced that these were going to be available either last quarter of 22 or first quarter 23. So they're being held at the port until March, which is normal for them. Six months or so late. I'd rather have them late and somewhat right then do the Cherokee dance with faulty transaxle programming.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
I'd rather have them late and somewhat right then do the Cherokee dance with faulty transaxle programming.
Wasn't the Cherokee also delayed? I try not be negative with new releases, but at some point they have learn to not overpromise, as that would at least overcome a few of the criticisms.

· Super Moderator
21,363 Posts
The thing is the CAN’T sell them. Without the EPA ratings they can’t be sold nor can they print window stickers which are also necessary to sell them. So it seems there might be more to this than simply “building inventory” or holding for “quality control”.

· Registered
506 Posts
So they are building them without window stickers attached at the plant? Seems really stupid to have to attach them later after they sailed across the Atlantic.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
The thing is the CAN’T sell them. Without the EPA ratings they can’t be sold nor can they print window stickers which are also necessary to sell them. So it seems there might be more to this than simply “building inventory” or holding for “quality control”.
What I posted is what was told to dealers, that’s all. There’s a screenshot floating around the internet of the slide. A delay in EPA certification can certainly be a problem but that typically doesn’t stop media drives. I’ve seen plenty of first drives occur before final pricing and fuel economy ratings were released.

So they are building them without window stickers attached at the plant? Seems really stupid to have to attach them later after they sailed across the Atlantic.
Holding a car at the plant or not building at all would probably seem like an odd choice for them. At least they can build inventory now while they wait.

· Premium Member
5,835 Posts
This is why I don't miss my Journey AWD. It averaged 14 city / 25 highway.

Meanwhile my Pacifica Hybrid got me 34.5 mpg combined average on a 4500km road trip.
I can tell you first hand that the mileage is better then what that other gentleman is saying. I have put 15k miles on it I ought to know.

· Jeepaholic
7,152 Posts
I'd be surprised if an L was getting that low for gas mileage consistently. With my Explorer, I get mid to high 20's, depending on how I'm driving, so I'd assume the L would be about the same. I do notice that the fuel economy reading gets stuck sometimes and reads low, but resetting it resolves the issue. I would have felt rather spoiled had my Liberty achieved 19 mpg though! :LOL:

Reactions: Adventurer55

· Premium Member
5,835 Posts
I'd be surprised if an L was getting that low for gas mileage consistently. With my Explorer, I get mid to high 20's, depending on how I'm driving, so I'd assume the L would be about the same. I do notice that the fuel economy reading gets stuck sometimes and reads low, but resetting it resolves the issue. I would have felt rather spoiled had my Liberty achieved 19 mpg though! :LOL:
My Commander averages about 16 on my commutes to work. It's a nice feeling after driving it and getting the L with more room, more features and much better mileage too.
I kinda get spoiled driving it.

· Jeepaholic
7,152 Posts
My Commander averages about 16 on my commutes to work. It's a nice feeling after driving it and getting the L with more room, more features and much better mileage too.
I kinda get spoiled driving it.
I came very close to purchasing a Commander before they pulled the plug on them, it would’ve given us a lot more room over the Liberty. I waited quite a long time for another 3-row from Jeep, and unfortunately I couldn’t wait any longer. Cramming everyone into my wife’s Encore for trips was driving me insane.

I’m happy with our Explorer, but it would’ve been nicer to have another Jeep in our driveway. I really miss that.

· Premium Member
5,835 Posts
I came very close to purchasing a Commander before they pulled the plug on them, it would’ve given us a lot more room over the Liberty. I waited quite a long time for another 3-row from Jeep, and unfortunately I couldn’t wait any longer. Cramming everyone into my wife’s Encore for trips was driving me insane.

I’m happy with our Explorer, but it would’ve been nicer to have another Jeep in our driveway. I really miss that.
I waited a long time for a Commander replacement. Was going to get a Durango, but the platform is getting too old for me. So when the new L was announced we found our replacement.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts