Allpar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering, for those of you who ordered a Charger or Challenger, how long it took to be built after ordering?

I placed my order at the dealer May 15. I have my VIN, but it isn't scheduled for build yet. I was told "All the parts for the build are available" in chat. How long does this process normally take?

For those curious, my build is a 2021 Charger Scat Pack Widebody, Sinnamon Stick, with the Plus and Convenience groups.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I ordered mine in late April in 17. Came very early June. But skip 4 years and who knows. Sometimes it’s the color that holds them up, they may wait for enough orderes to spend the day shooting just that color. I would imagine sinamin is a rare order. My car was the first car I’ve ever ordered, pleased to find my window sticker stated it was “built for (your name here)”, which was nice, as I plan to keep it a long time

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I am just wondering, for those of you who ordered a Charger or Challenger, how long it took to be built after ordering?

I placed my order at the dealer May 15. I have my VIN, but it isn't scheduled for build yet. I was told "All the parts for the build are available" in chat. How long does this process normally take?

For those curious, my build is a 2021 Charger Scat Pack Widebody, Sinnamon Stick, with the Plus and Convenience groups.

Thanks!
By the time you get it, it could be a 2022 and on the verge of a 2023 model :ROFLMAO:

There's a whole bunch of vehicles ahead of yours awaiting the chips to finish them. This is a bunch of unfinished Ford trucks sitting at the Kentucky Speedway, waiting to be finished

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's a whole bunch of vehicles ahead of yours awaiting the chips to finish them.
Do you happen to know this? I would believe that if their order system says parts available ready for scheduling, that the parts, including any "Chips", are in hand.

Reactions: valiant67

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had half of my 2021 orders flipped to 2022s. Now THAT is a delay. The factory can backtrack a VON for any reason.

Tomguy, the memos indicate the situation will certainly affect deliveries for at least two months. One memo mentioned the idea of sending out units with one fob only. I don't think they will do that though.

Sold order procedures have been updated in the past two days in an attempt to wade through the 'sold' orders that may be brokers. I had to prove the history of a farm family and their history of living in the area. So I sent bills of sales going back to the 70's. Approved right then. Fleet order for a G. Cherokee put in minutes after. I think the bill of sale for a John Deere EZ Track mower helped explain why the address is a farm.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Do you happen to know this? I would believe that if their order system says parts available ready for scheduling, that the parts, including any "Chips", are in hand.
Who knows what will happen during these uncertain times. But one would like to hope that any ordered vehicles will have some priority over others.

But the chip manufacturers could probably make a whole bunch of extra $ by putting up any available chips for auction to the highest bidder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my 2021 Challenger SXT Plus (Octane Red with Ruby Red/Black interior) Jan. 26, built Feb. 24, delivered Mar.10 and picked up Mar.13.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Window sticker was available Saturday.
Build sheet is there this morning with yesterday's date on it.

Reactions: dodgeismycar

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks!
Hey,
Atleast you are lucky to have VIN number as i ordered rt plus shaker on April 9 and it is still on bx stage , available for scheduling. You ordered yours late than me, and you have VIN number. Brampton Chrysler plant sucks!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,
Atleast you are lucky to have VIN number as i ordered rt plus shaker on April 9 and it is still on bx stage , available for scheduling. You ordered yours late than me, and you have VIN number. Brampton Chrysler plant sucks!!!
Is it because it's an R/T? Or something with one of the packages you ordered?
I have about 800 miles on my car now. Official build date (completion) was 6/31, and I signed and drove home with it almost 2 weeks ago.

What I ordered:
Charger Scat Pack Widebody, Plus group, driver convenience group, cargo net.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it because it's an R/T? Or something with one of the packages you ordered?
I have about 800 miles on my car now. Official build date (completion) was 6/31, and I signed and drove home with it almost 2 weeks ago.

What I ordered:
Charger Scat Pack Widebody, Plus group, driver convenience group, cargo net.
Its challenger rt plus shaker go mango colour with harmon sound system , performance handling group , sunroof, Driver convenience group. I don’t know what going on!! Btw congrats on your scat pack charger.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Must be something with the Harmon Kardon group. The green amp or something. That's my guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts