Allpar Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,063 Posts
I don’t mind convertibles with bad tops. I’ve always kept them as spare cars, only driving in good weather and garaged in bad. I’d fix the mechanicals and drive it. Forget the top!.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
778 Posts
I doubt he'll ever sell it. I think it was his first car though I'm not sure. It's sort of an heirloom and he'll probably hand it down to his son. Who knows.
Well hopefully someone in the family will fix it up.

·
Registered
2009 PT Cruiser
14 Posts
OK now, getting back on topic...

It made me think, has any well-kept AMC Pacer or Gremlin ever hit the $10k mark? (One that wasn't hugely customized?)
I'd say the classic-car market will lump the PTs into the same "stuck in its decade" category, even cool examples like the special editions (Dream Cruisers and Street Cruisers)... so unless enough buyers are hugely nostalgic for their favorite automotive decade, chances are slim for demand (and thus price) to rise that high.

Then again, with the ever-decreasing value of the U.S. dollar, maybe the 10k mark will be reached sooner after all...

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
815 Posts
OK now, getting back on topic...

It made me think, has any well-kept AMC Pacer or Gremlin ever hit the $10k mark? (One that wasn't hugely customized?)
I'd say the classic-car market will lump the PTs into the same "stuck in its decade" category, even cool examples like the special editions (Dream Cruisers and Street Cruisers)... so unless enough buyers are hugely nostalgic for their favorite automotive decade, chances are slim for demand (and thus price) to rise that high.

Then again, with the ever-decreasing value of the U.S. dollar, maybe the 10k mark will be reached sooner after all...
Publicly, maybe not.
It would not surprise me one bit if the private car sales of some of those AMC's went over 10k.
Definitely a Geminin with a V8 though.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts