Allpar Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how many posters here are actual Stellantis insiders with actual knowledge of what's coming or going. We've heard a whole lot of "sure thing" predictions and talk from some people like it's a done deal and absolutely none of the predictions I've seen (outside of Jeep) have been on the money. I'm just an opinionated enthusiast. I'm guessing the actual insiders have slowly faded away from this site OR things have taken a hard turn inside FCA in the last 5 years that wasn't in the plans.

For example, 2016/17: The great plant reshuffle. We were all told with great certainty that the loss of Dart and 200 were but a temporary setback for the Dodge and Chrysler brands. "New product is coming" - we just had to be patient until the plant shuffle was done. Well, it's 4 years later and absolutely zero product has materialized for either brand. In fact we've even lost two more models in the meantime. AND there appears to be absolutely zero even rumored product in development for either brand. Even the supposedly near finished next gen Charger and Challenger have been pushed back indefinitely.

So, I'm wondering how much of the "rumors" were just speculation from fellow keyboard warriors such as myself, with no actual knowledge or connection to FCA.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Last I recall, there was only one poster here that was assuring everyone of that, and he's since opened up his own site. He is provided controlled info from FCA that they've deemed Ok to release to shape the narrative. He gets some good scoops that solidify timing of stuff six months to a year out.

The stuff 2 or 3 years out has been teased here, from time to time, sprinkled with other stuff that isn't true.

Current focus of Stellantis management -

1) Finish SWB/LWB Wagoneer & 2022 Grand Cherokee L + 2022 Grand Cherokee
2) China - lack of manufacturing scale is a hindrance. I expect a new Stellantis factory in China announced sometime this year, which will also have the capacity to export Chrysler vehicles to North America. Even with tariffs, still cheaper to do this than build additional capacity in the US - look at the new Buick Envision.
3) EV strategy; is there room for one or two platforms? Relaunching Chrysler can only be justified if its a global launch, similar to Compass
4) Will US consumers buy Chinese manufactured EV/PHEVs with a Chrysler badge?
5) Development of EV Jeep
6) Next L-Cars

Not all upcoming vehicles based on the answers to these questions will arrive by 2024, but this will keep management busy until 2024.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
I'm curious how many posters here are actual Stellantis insiders with actual knowledge of what's coming or going. We've heard a whole lot of "sure thing" predictions and talk from some people like it's a done deal and absolutely none of the predictions I've seen (outside of Jeep) have been on the money. I'm just an opinionated enthusiast. I'm guessing the actual insiders have slowly faded away from this site OR things have taken a hard turn inside FCA in the last 5 years that wasn't in the plans.

For example, 2016/17: The great plant reshuffle. We were all told with great certainty that the loss of Dart and 200 were but a temporary setback for the Dodge and Chrysler brands. "New product is coming" - we just had to be patient until the plant shuffle was done. Well, it's 4 years later and absolutely zero product has materialized for either brand. In fact we've even lost two more models in the meantime. AND there appears to be absolutely zero even rumored product in development for either brand. Even the supposedly near finished next gen Charger and Challenger have been pushed back indefinitely.

So, I'm wondering how much of the "rumors" were just speculation from fellow keyboard warriors such as myself, with no actual knowledge or connection to FCA.
@Mr.Source works for the company and came here with real information, especially about quality issues.

Because some here do not want to hear anything negative about the company, he was derided by many of those who predicted all the vehicles that never materialized....so he rarely posts here anymore.

·
Super Moderator
37,490 Posts
FCA sometime ago decided talking about new products would hurt current products so they cut off that information. Then they cut off lots of things that were supposedly planned. The excuse was “business conditions change”. But then no replacements were put forth. We were fooled. Insiders were fooled. FCA’s focus became merging.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It always blew my mind the number of infantile people on this and other similar gathering sites who always knew more than the people (Oh20, Mr.Source, SuperDuckie to name a few) in the know. And then had the balls to call them out on it and even create false narritives to back up their BS. I for one long for the days that not so long ago, people with REAL knowledge would post up and keep us in the loop so to speak as best they could. Welcome to the Era of the Virtual Experts who sit autonomously behind a screen and keyboard and spread their virtual vomit for anyone who is foolish enough to lap it up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I posted a good amount of info years ago...then I was attacked via PM; some positive but mostly negative so I stopped. Still come to the site daily but rarely even log in anymore for that reason.

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
I am convinced that many posters were deliberately fed disinformation by FCA.

If loyal customers had known nothing was planned for Dodge after the Dart, and Chrysler would get nothing after the Pacifica (which replaced T&C) the customers and media would have revolted.

Those loyal customers who were anxious to buy these new products were being misled into waiting....and waiting....and waiting.

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
I am convinced that many posters were deliberately fed disinformation by FCA.
I am pretty sure they fed a lot of disinformation to various people in the hopes of figuring out who the moles were.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I know some reporters who had become persona non grata. John Elkann even revoked their accreditations. If @Dave Z allows I may name one. He has profile on this forum.

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
I know the one, and you should talk to him personally. SM is the person who revoked his credentials, and his publication fully supported him.

At this point, I don't blame anyone at FCA for my own exclusion, either... there are a few who talk to me but when Allpar stopped being news-centric, I think the embargoes just naturally came to an end. Since my current effort isn't exploding into consciousness, and the books aren't becoming best-sellers, they're probably correct to write me off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the key is that the company releases information on its plans to keep investors investing, bankers loaning, and dealers staying with them. The second is that plans change - regulations, consumer trends, new tech, cash flow, plus fun stuff like pandemics all come into play, let alone if a new product sells as planned - and that they are changing plans to adapt to the market not to keep people guessing or trick people. Many programs spring up , get postponed then resumed, adjusted, etc. before finally launching and many die along the way. It's a cut-throat business and they are always adapting to put the limited capital they have into the right spots to make the most money. Us fans aren't always going to get what we want, but we're a small % of the buyers out there. That's my personal opinion (and yes, insiders aren't talking specifics because we can get fired for it).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am pretty sure they fed a lot of disinformation to various people in the hopes of figuring out who the moles were.
Oh, I'm guessing you're right. In fact, one thing I've learned from dealing with similar things in the realm of information security is we have compartmentalization for more than one reason, and this is one. It's easier to bust a mole when everyone knows just what they need to know about detailed plans and nobody knows exactly who is in-the-know. One thing is for sure about an inside sting, is word gets around pretty quickly when folks see/hear about a guy getting unceremoniously ejected from the office/campus/plant, or worse. There'll be a whole lot more discernment when "talking out of school" after that. First rule - don't talk out of school.

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
I know the one, and you should talk to him personally. SM is the person who revoked his credentials, and his publication fully supported him.

At this point, I don't blame anyone at FCA for my own exclusion, either... there are a few who talk to me but when Allpar stopped being news-centric, I think the embargoes just naturally came to an end. Since my current effort isn't exploding into consciousness, and the books aren't becoming best-sellers, they're probably correct to write me off.
Your new venture is still new, and not well-publicized yet. I have hopes it will lure the best of the best from here, and be more useful than this current format.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
From what I've heard it was John who pulled the strings.

Did he deserve it? I don't know. But in general AN's relations and way of reporting towards FCA wasn't good.

At this point, I don't blame anyone at FCA for my own exclusion, either...
I don't know what was the reason behind it. I can comment about your way of reporting. I don't hide my opinion. It wasn't good. It further ignited hate towards the Italian part of the company. Even when development was done in Italy somehow in your reporting it was American part of the company which had done it or it was development started for American part of the company. Somehow Italians would always steal American show. What we see on this form to this day is related to it. "Italians stole American money". And so on.

·
Administrator
35,774 Posts
@T_690, you could be right. As for AN’s reporting, it was honest. FCA doesn't respect honesty much now, they prefer slavish. To be fair I think that's true for much of the industry.

I never said Italians stole American money, but the original partnership, if you are to be believed, is crap. You keep telling us that the American side has not created a single goddamned thing. Am I really supposed to believe that Auburn Hills is filled with American engineers who spend their time wandering around and playing games on their Wii?

My reporting was honest. When they made money in the US, I reported it. When they made money in the EU, I reported it. [Tough luck] if you want me to change reality.

·
Registered
334 Posts
How many people here are actual mopar ambassadors? People who could convey our voice and opinions to Stellantis.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It really isn't much of a partnership when one side is making 90% of the profits and has been for the close part of the decade. If anyone bothers to try and rebuke this, please include the sum EBITDA profits of each geographic area from 2010-2020. It's not even close.

I don't care where the engineering for the Giorgio platform was done and that WL75/74 are now running on it - Auburn Hills should be calling the shots, globally. That includes what FWD/BEV platform is the future in EU/China.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.