Allpar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a 2007 5.7L Jeep Commander and it looked nice. But I can't remember seeing one before. I was wondering if they were rare?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,977 Posts
The XK was based on the WK2 (Grand Cherokee) and offered optional 3-row seating and a huge sunroof/skylight. It was heavy and thirsty, even with the weak V6 it barely got 17 mpg. It was a brick, and at the time Chrysler was doing poorly. Styling was like a big Liberty.
The Durango (WD) did better.
After production ceased, Sergio commented, "That vehicle was unfit for human consumption. We sold some. But I don't know why people bought them."

·
Valued Member
2,946 Posts
The XK was based on the WK2 (Grand Cherokee) and offered optional 3-row seating and a huge sunroof. It was heavy and thirsty, even with the weak V6 it barely got 17 mpg. It was a brick, and at the time Chrysler was doing poorly. Styling was like a big Liberty.
The Durango (WD) did better.
After production ceased, Sergio commented, "That vehicle was unfit for human consumption. We sold some. But I don't know why people bought them."
I just did a search on Cars.com for the Commander up to 500 miles from my home. There were 4 pages of them and most of them have 150,000 miles on them or more.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I found wasn't listed on cars.com. It's a 4x4 5.7L in blue with wide fenders, 33" tires, and had an odd sunroof. The interior still looked nice. Found it by clicking on all the used car dealers in my county as most don't show up from other ways.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I just did a search on Cars.com for the Commander up to 500 miles from my home. There were 4 pages of them and most of them have 150,000 miles on them or more.
I did the same search, came up with 59 available and about half had over 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My sister-in-law bought a new 2010 Commander in December, 2009. She liked the size, power and utility, but no so much on the fuel mileage. She did have the Limited with 5.7L engine and full time 4wd, with all the bells/whistles. A few years ago (around 2017) I bought a 2006 Commander for my sons to drive. They shared for awhile and later on, bought a 2006 Chrysler 300C AWD for my younger son to drive. Older son still drives the 06 Commander. Limited, silver, 5.7L and tons of options. Has been very reliable.

JS

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
787 Posts
Just saw a 2007 5.7L Jeep Commander and it looked nice. But I can't remember seeing one before. I was wondering if they were rare?
My friend asked me about these commanders as potentially buying one and I did not know much about them. Are these good Jeeps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a 2007 with 62,400

Or this find

2008 with 55,700

I’d buy either if could. I own a 2007 hemi with 119k, really enjoying. Its almost like a secret club, anything you read about them is negative, but really enjoyable capable vehicles. Almost like don’t buy a Commander wink wink.

·
Banned
15,295 Posts
I owned a 2008 Commander Limited with the Hemi. It was an awesome vehicle. Yes, fuel economy was not great, but it looked amazing on the outside. I was stopped by many people commenting on how they liked it.

Interiors were durable, but hard grey plastics. It was typical Daimler cheap. Hard surfaces, but durable without squeaks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a 2006, bought new. The reason I sold it was gas mileage, and way under powered with the V6. Got hammered on the resale/ traded it in for a 2008 diesel Grand Cherokee.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts