Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

The effort is part of a larger push by Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares to address the sales experience at dealerships, which had been a weak point for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles before the January merger with PSA Group. Tavares told Automotive News in January that if the company can’t make customers happy with its products and service, “we do not deserve to exist.”

FCA struggled through the years on J.D. Power’s U.S. Sales Satisfaction Index Study, which gauges the new-vehicle purchase experience. But the fortunes of several of its brands, now under Stellantis, rose in the latest index, released this month. Dodge leaped into the top five, and Jeep rated above average for mass-market brands. Alfa Romeo scored above average among luxury brands after finishing second to last in 2020. And Ram — though still below average — improved 14 points on the mass-market side.

Full article here:

How Stellantis has improved the dealership experience for customers - Press Las Vegas

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Such steps are moving the company away from the focus on volume, big discounts and subprime customers that Kelleher said were central to Chrysler’s culture when his dealership opened in 2005. Even more recently under CEOs Sergio Marchionne and Mike Manley, FCA didn’t discuss customer satisfaction often or incentivize dealers to make improvements, he said.

“This whole thing is Mr. Tavares and the people that came with the Stellantis merger,” Kelleher said. “When they looked at the condition of the company, they said, ‘OK, we like this, we like this, we like this, we do not like where we are in customer satisfaction.’ And, to be honest with you, it just wasn’t a priority.”

Further proving what I and others on Allpar have been saying about FCA for a decade......

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Such steps are moving the company away from the focus on volume, big discounts and subprime customers that Kelleher said were central to Chrysler’s culture when his dealership opened in 2005. Even more recently under CEOs Sergio Marchionne and Mike Manley, FCA didn’t discuss customer satisfaction often or incentivize dealers to make improvements, he said.

“This whole thing is Mr. Tavares and the people that came with the Stellantis merger,” Kelleher said. “When they looked at the condition of the company, they said, ‘OK, we like this, we like this, we like this, we do not like where we are in customer satisfaction.’ And, to be honest with you, it just wasn’t a priority.”

Further proving what I and others on Allpar have been saying about FCA for a decade......
Reading through the item(s) you linked has me feeling the most hopeful and optimistic in a long time about Ma Stella's corporate culture going forward.

Ma Stella might just make it after all......
(vision in my head of Ma Stella tossing her knit hat in the air while an elderly woman looks on in disain):p:ROFLMAO::D

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reading through the item(s) you linked has me feeling the most hopeful and optimistic in a long time about Ma Stella's corporate culture going forward.

Ma Stella might just make it after all......
(vision in my head of Ma Stella tossing her knit hat in the air while an elderly woman looks on in disain):p:ROFLMAO::D
Everything I read and those I talked with who know Tavares over the years said he is a serious executive dedicated to running a high-quality automotive manufacturing company. I did not accept other people's word as fact, but as I saw the people he put in charge of brands (like Alfa) and it seemed like he was serious. Tavares understands the industry and what the customers really want.

This is another example of a company that may finally be trying to position for the long-term instead of only short-term gains via margins.

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel cautiously optimistic.
Giving financial incentives to dealers for improvement in customer satisfaction is a massive change in corporate direction.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
785 Posts
There's literally nothing Stellantis has done. I've been working for a dealer since 2016: even since PSA came in, the only real things that've changed is what the OE wants service managers to hit: extremely tall tasks only NYC, LA, and maybe SF dealers can actually achieve on a regular basis, of which they already have nothing to do with FFV or better customer service.

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's literally nothing Stellantis has done. I've been working for a dealer since 2016: even since PSA came in, the only real things that've changed is what the OE wants service managers to hit: extremely tall tasks only NYC, LA, and maybe SF dealers can actually achieve on a regular basis, of which they already have nothing to do with FFV or better customer service.
So, you are claiming that everyone quoted in this article is lying ?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
785 Posts
So, you are claiming that everyone quoted in this article is lying ?
All I'm saying is that the people I work with on a daily basis aren't sitting back and raking in the money. They're trying to hit exactly what Stellantis wants, and even the owners (who've owned at least one Chrysler dealership, to my knowledge, within the past 40 years) say is quite the tall task: one of the owners has even yelled at many a rep over it.
There's also issues of part availability effecting FFV (even though I don't get a score for it as a parts advisor), among other things.
When I see the proof in my own dealership, then I'll believe it.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hold on a moment, Friend:

Carlos Tavares is only ONE Saint.....He can only perform so many miracles at a time!:p:ROFLMAO::D

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hold on a moment, Friend:

Carlos Tavares is only ONE Saint.....He can only perform so many miracles at a time!:p:ROFLMAO::D
I do not believe in hero worship for Marchionne, Musk or Tavares.

I want to see people doing their job at running an automobile manufacturer

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
I do not believe in hero worship for Marchionne, Musk or Tavares.

I want to see people doing their job at running an automobile manufacturer
Facta non verba.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What are you selling? Seems like Jeep is the only brand with any products. I guess Chrysler also has the nice Pacifica. But that's about it.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,241 Posts
Got a way to go, good luck. If Tesla can deliver the model "A" for $25K in 2022 like stated on on line I'm gonna get one.
If there is a similar product bu Stel I would like to stick with a Stelpar. From my vantage point as a life long MOPAR owner the last 12 years have just been a continuation of the roller coaster ride. I really don't have another 12 years to wait and see what happens. I really do nor see anything for the little guy.

Hint, figure how to stuff 20% of your income in a good fund and nurture it like a child.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,241 Posts
Looks like the local Sterpar dealership is selling tons of rental cars. Lot is stuffed with vehicles a about 2 years old with 15K on the cocks. The only new ones I saw were on the show room floor. Some really hot Dodges on the lot! Low mileage!!

·
Jeepaholic
6,328 Posts
It’ll take time, and hopefully consistent effort to maintain any progress, but I’m glad to see they’re trying. Keep it up!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts