Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Sorry, never had MY dealer lie to me. Other dealers that I didn't have a history with, perhaps. The few I've worked with consistently have always been above board. Maybe it's an Indiana thing for me?

Reactions: World14

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Female voice: "Wake up Tony, Wake up, you're going to be late"!!

Tony: "Darn it, you woke me up in the middle of a nice pipe dream"

Thanks
Randy.

That's funny, but no, Tom O'Brien Greenwood has always delivered the goods. Even as a new repair shop customer 18 years ago. When you walk into the customer waiting area, there's a big family picture on the wall of the O'Brien family. By big, I mean the family, too. Irish Catholic. Probably not as big as my Mom's German Catholic family (1 of 12), though :geek:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
That's nice you give your local honest dealer a shout out, they're rare.

My local dealer has told lies continually since buying there in 2011.

I wanted to buy locally but now realize there actually was no point.

Sales people lie for no reason other than don't know any better.

The service department has been lying continually.

My one experience with the parts dept was a lie.

Sadly, the owner may not even be aware.

Hats off to any and all honest dealers!!!

Thanks
Randy
I have a good history with O'Brien CDJR. O'Brien is "Old Chrysler" in Indianapolis, originally "Desoto-Plymouth" in the 30s. Opened the north Chrysler Plymouth store in the 60s, and moved the Indy D-P south to Greenwood in the 70s. Not sure when they got Dodge but I'm guessing maybe when Jeep came into the fold. Been a CDJ(R) dealer since I've been in the Indy area in 2002.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
LOL! I hear you loud and clear.

I just bought oil and filter to service my wife's Equinox. Problem is finding time when she isn't using it. She works two jobs and it's difficult finding any down time to service it. It also needs the spark plugs changed. Local Chevrolet dealer has quoted $176 (parts and labor). I want to see what a local shop will charge. I don't feel like messing with it - not at the moment in the middle of winter.
Is it still in warranty? Only reason my Challenger so far has never seen the inside of an independent - excepting for a battery install, and one oil change in Enterprise, AL in 2014 when I was at Ft. Rucker for school (during the Big ATL Snowstorm) - is it has the Limited Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. My Dodge dealer handles all of my maintenance on the Challenger, and I have all the paperwork. I handle everything I can on my Jeep, and a local (as in walking distance) indy does my major work on it. Frankly, I don't want to mess with my car. Hard to deal with anything that low to the ground, even on ramps. She's not a daily driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.