Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,388 Posts
Sales people lie for no reason other than don't know any better.
I've found some salesman are just plain ignorant or haven't educated themselves about the various models they are trying to sell. A few times I've had to correct them as I had done more research than they had. I remember test driving a new Ram. This was about 2010 or so. As we rode around, he either miss stated the horsepower rating of the truck or just simply guessed. I recall telling him, that no, that's incorrect. Either way, he was not knowledgeable about the product.

For a while it seemed the turnover among salesman at the dealership was high as when I brought our vehicles in for service, there were two or three new salesmen working. Since 2006 we've made three purchases there - each one handled by a different salesman. The previous ones we dealt with were long gone. I doubt we'll be purchasing from there any time in the near future. We experienced better salesmanship at CarMax.

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,388 Posts
I'm too old to be crawling under cars.
LOL! I hear you loud and clear.

I just bought oil and filter to service my wife's Equinox. Problem is finding time when she isn't using it. She works two jobs and it's difficult finding any down time to service it. It also needs the spark plugs changed. Local Chevrolet dealer has quoted $176 (parts and labor). I want to see what a local shop will charge. I don't feel like messing with it - not at the moment in the middle of winter.

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,388 Posts
Is it still in warranty?
No. It is a 2014 we bought from CarMax in December 2019 after my wife totaled our 2010 Journey SXT on black ice. It only had a 30 day warranty from CarMax and I opted not to purchase an extended warranty from CarMax. The cheapest warranty was like $2,800 and would have only lasted us about a year with as many miles as my wife drives on a daily basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.