Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why after all these years hubcaps don't want to stay on?
It is not always on the same wheel. I've tried many different types of OEM Chryslers and a few aftermarket.
These are the base 14" wheels.Kinda getting tired of the roadside scavnger hunt after each occurence.
Are there any bolt on versions? My '99 Intrepid and my '03 Caravan usedthat type.
Sorry ...PlYmouth Breeze. I can't believe I typed it wrong in the Header. Bad, bad mopar owner!

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
The steel expansion ring gives the necessary spring tension to keep the cover on and needs to fit inside all the plastic cover fingers and all the cover fingers need to be present all the way around.
After installing the wheel cover, slip your fingers into the cover slots and give a good outward tug. If the wheel cover stays on, it should be secure.

·
Super Moderator
36,918 Posts
Fixed the title for you.

Some of the Neon 14" covers were the bolt on version. Maybe if you found a set of those.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I lost one on my '97 Stratus, some of the fingers were already broken when I got the car. I switched to factory 15" aluminum wheels and never looked back.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I have a set of 16" 2000 Sebring Convertible factory alloy wheels with excellent Goodyear tires that I would be willing to part with. They should fit your Breeze perfectly. Message me with your zip code (for shipping) if you're interested, and I'll give you a quote.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only have 2 of the original hub caps (oval design) left and the fingers are just about shot.
I have 2 older Lebaron all metal hubcaps, I started with 4, with the metal teeth. They will fall off sometimes turning a corner.
I have one broken el cheapo from God only knows that is plastic and it never comes off.
One is the original to the car. Temperature doesn't seem to be a factor, nor does changing which wheel I put them on.

Driving down the highway sometimes they'll pass me up. Funny, but not funny.
I like the Neon idea though. I've even lost a complete set of late '80's New Yorker wires in the course of a year.

Bent, I don't think so. I just had new tires mounted and balanced from my regular source and nothing was mentioned. They will normally comment on something such as that. Nomally I mount my own tires and I haven't noticed any difference. This occurred before new tires were mounted also.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
In case you were asking me about the split 5-spoke or oval design, these are the wheels I am referring to:

These are not my wheels, though the style and color is identical. Again, message me for more info and real pics if you are interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts