Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
monday morning my dad had a doctors appt. so he went unfortunately he had to drive through about a foot and half of water. he had no other option on the way to the office he was fine on the way back the car stalled he attempted to start it back up. no good. so he called a tow truck and got it home. he took apart the airfilter housing to find the airfilter soaked. then thought it might have ingested water so he removed the plugs and gave it a crank so the water could come out nothing seemed to come out. so he changed the oil and put in new plugs. it now starts but has a terrible knock the knock speeds up when giving it gas. saturday we are going to drop the oil pan and see if we see anything out of the ordinary.

any suggestions or advice on fixing it would be greatly appreciated,

thanks, matt

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Oh NO, what did the oil look like when you changed it? Was it clean or look like coffee w/ creamer in it? where's the knock, topend or bottom? Could also be a stuck lifter or noise of the injectors. Injectors are loud, but I'm sure you can tell the diff. Lemme know or give me a ring..

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
I'd be afraid of a bent rod or damaged rod bearings, from hydrostatic lock. And I agree, the oil is likely contaminated, too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he said the oil was just black like normal used oil. we will check rods and bearings i guess saturday. thanks.

·
Registered
849 Posts
One or more connecting rods are bent as said above.
Your going to have to rebuild the engine or install another one.
Don't bother trying to replace rod bearings.
You'll just do more damage.
Sucks. I had a 3.0L engine this summer I tossed.
Was nothing wrong with it either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update: with the help of our friends Sean and Brian the engine has been tore down. 2 bent rods some piston damage we appreciate the help guys thanks

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
This is a total bummer. At least parts are plentiful, but our of safety, think about getting the crank checked, verified for index to ensure it didn't twist when the rods bent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts