Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 10 yr old 42 inch LED tv went boom. So my son went out and got me a new 50 inch smart samsung tv.
Here is my problem...
When leds came out they adapted the remote control that has been used for years on VCRs and DVD players.
Thye had the obvious up and down buttons for volume and a set for up and down for channels and they had a numeric keypad like to change channels. If you are useing a attenna for over the air tv, ifyou want to watch channel 4 you push number, like we have been for 50 years!
On this new remote there is no obvous button for volume or for channell and no numeric keys.
What is it with these young engineers that they hate buttons and knobs.
I'M SICK OF IT!!

·
Registered
17 Posts

I hate the newer phones... the old ones take better selfies!

(all kidding aside, yoku're right. Did you buy a Roku TV? They have those worthless remotes)...

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
We have 4 flat screen TV's with only one being "smart". Since we have DirectTV we program the DTV remotes to the TV (a rather easy process) and use the DirectTV remotes. I usually don't need the TV remotes unless I'm switching to the DVD or Play Station.

Son and oldest daughter have everything programmed through their phones or a tablet. Literally can control not only the TV, but the lights as well.

If you want to drive Millenials crazy lock them in a room with a B&W TV with a dial and a rotary phone. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
Someone bought the wrong TV. I have two new ones and they gave the number buttons.

Reactions: Doug D

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
MY 10 yr old 42 inch LED tv went boom. So my son went out and got me a new 50 inch smart samsung tv.
Here is my problem...
When leds came out they adapted the remote control that has been used for years on VCRs and DVD players.
Thye had the obvious up and down buttons for volume and a set for up and down for channels and they had a numeric keypad like to change channels. If you are useing a attenna for over the air tv, ifyou want to watch channel 4 you push number, like we have been for 50 years!
On this new remote there is no obvous button for volume or for channell and no numeric keys.
What is it with these young engineers that they hate buttons and knobs.
I'M SICK OF IT!!
Maybe next time you should buy a time machine and travel back to 1960 since you clearly dislike anything “remotely” modern.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maybe next time you should buy a time machine and travel back to 1960 since you clearly dislike anything “remotely” modern.
Yeah, but in this one instance, I think he has a strong point.

Reactions: voiceofstl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts