Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know, my 64 New Yorker was involved in an accident and I chose not fix as there was just more then I have time deal with. So that left me without a Classic Mopar and I felt a bit incomplete.

I always browse classic car ads to keep an idea on market trends & came across this car and I knew I had to have it!

This will make the 4th Valiant I have owned...so it’s very clear I have a Valiant Addiction

More pics to come, but I tired from the 4 hour drive home.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Valiant looks pretty sweat. Is the trim spear in front of the rear bumper stock? I don't remember seeing it on other Valiants.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
She does look nice, and the spear, really adds to its classic lines, stock or not (never seen it before, but might be a Canada thing?). Can't have too many Mopars, so it is not one of those bad addictions.

·
Super Moderator
36,924 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: saltydog

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Seems more like an attraction than an addiction, which is easy to do with that body style. Looks in great shape. Without seeing the grille or rear end, it's hard to tell what model year from '64 to '66 it is, but the vinyl roof indicates upscale trim -- a Signet, maybe? I hope it gives you thousands of trouble-free miles.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Valiant looks pretty sweat. Is the trim spear in front of the rear bumper stock? I don't remember seeing it on other Valiants.
Yes it’s stock

That trim peice was only for 1964, V200 and Signet trim levels.

Reactions: AlanSmith

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems more like an attraction than an addiction, which is easy to do with that body style. Looks in great shape. Without seeing the grille or rear end, it's hard to tell what model year from '64 to '66 it is, but the vinyl roof indicates upscale trim -- a Signet, maybe? I hope it gives you thousands of trouble-free miles.
Thanks! This car is in remarkable shape, the amount of work that has been invested is truly astonishing considering it’s a Valiant.

This a 1964 Signet V200 2door hardtop.

Reactions: AlanSmith

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Good to read that it was well cared for. My practice has long been to pay as little as possible for a running vehicle with problems that I can repair, but a good case can be made for paying more for a car in excellent condition that you can confidently drive anywhere right now.

The Signet was the top of the Valiant line until the Barracuda was introduced. I think it only came in 2-door hardtop and convertible.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
That's a gorgeous ride, Jamie. I was going to ask which engine, so thanks for showing the leaning tower of power!

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
A good reminder of how simple engines used to be. You might consider an additive to neutralize the ethanol in the gas so it doesn't make you rebuild the carburetor too often. Very nice interior, too. The Signet was definitely upscale.

Looks like you have a show car. I see trophies in its future.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to read that it was well cared for. My practice has long been to pay as little as possible for a running vehicle with problems that I can repair, but a good case can be made for paying more for a car in excellent condition that you can confidently drive anywhere right now.
I generally follow this rule as well, but with 3 small kids, my time is just limited for big projects. So when this car came along, I just could not say no.

I was telling my wife the other night, how it feels so odd having an old car that is so nice! After 20 years of projects, it’s a welcome change.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A good reminder of how simple engines used to be. You might consider an additive to neutralize the ethanol in the gas so it doesn't make you rebuild the carburetor too often. Very nice interior, too. The Signet was definitely upscale.

Looks like you have a show car. I see trophies in its future.
What would be a good additive?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a gorgeous ride, Jamie. I was going to ask which engine, so thanks for showing the leaning tower of power!
Thank you!

I love slant six’s! They just are so damn reliable.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts