Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the highway during rush hour and traffic suddenly came to an abrupt halt. Three of us ran into eachother but just BARELY tapping bumpers. Then this woman who clearly wasn't paying attention PLOWED me at about 40-45 MPH sending me into the Subaru infront of me. My front and back were badly damaged. I thought it was just the bumpers, grill but ends up the frame was damaged, too. GEICO totalled it and thankfully I'm getting a pretty good settlement as I only had 36K miles on it. Very bummed, though, as I had FIVE payments till it was paid off.

I loved my PT and would like another so have been looking at several around town. Tonight I got to test ride one of the 2010 PT Cruiser Couture Editions - the black and silver with the leather interior. This one has the black leather. It's absolutely immaculate and rides so nice. Just wanted to see who out there has one and love it or not? To get this I'd have to come up with another $4K so also going to check out a 2008 Touring Edition tomorrow that after what I have from the settlement would only cost me around $500. Sounds a bit more tempting but man, that Couture Edition is so sweet!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about the accident, I hope you are ok. My wife was in an accident a few weeks ago. Some moron in an SUV hit her '05 Cavalier and totaled it. It had 80k miles, so we were surprised when the person's insurance gave us $7,200 for it. Blue Book private party is only $4,500, but I guess they give you what the car would cost at a dealership.

She used it to buy a magnesium pearlcost '06 PT Limited Edition with all the bells and whistles except Turbo and heated seats.

If the Couture edition has less miles than the '08 Limited, go for it! You only live once. Plus it's 2 years newer and is super cool.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
This is definitely a hard decision, $500 and done with car payments, or having a giant down payment and what, two more years of payments to pay it off after getting down to five last payments to being free of that burden. I know this wasn't planned or anything like that, not knowing what your financials are, if you feel safe having a car payment, go for the gusto, but if playing it safe is the better idea, they are both good cars so that part is not a loss. Sorry to hear about the 08 by the way, sounds like you are OK at least.

Reactions: PTLaura

·
Registered
87 Posts
And don't be afraid to negogiate on the '10 PT Couture Edition. If it's $4,000 more than the '08 Limited, maybe if you negogiate, you can get it for only $2,000 more than the '08 Limited. Don't be afraid to leave the dealership if you don't get the price you want. They will stop you and make the deal to get you to buy.

The Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge place wanted $8,500 for my wife's PT, but we got it for $6,300. It blue books for like $9,000 I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to my father this morning about the 2010 PT Couture. Ran the Carfax on it and it's clean. Had only one owner. Also still has some of the warranty still left on it. So told my father I could get another loan to pay the difference and he said "you'll do no such thing" and that HE'LL pay it. Now mind you, I'm not a kid. I'm 47 and I've always been independent financially from my parents but my rather wealthy father hates banks and finance charges. I said I'd make some payments to him for the difference and he said "Not a big deal." So just made a call to the dealer to find out what earnest money he needs till the settlement check gets here in a few days. GAWD this car is sweet! SOOO pretty and heated seats, leather, moonroof. Rides so nice, too. ((HAPPY DANCE)))

Oh and I got $10,200 for my 2008 less the $1,500 I owed the bank. This 2010 I got them down to $12,600.00.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
So it sounds like you made yourself quite a deal after all! Glad everything worked out well overall, even though one less PT on the road is never a good thing, if you get to keep the car, just about everything is interchangeable on it, just in case.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Enjoy it. your old PT looks exactly like my daughter's 2008 PT, same color. Really like the looks of your new vehicle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Glad to hear of the good end to your story.
If you wish to read about the person that the Couture model was named in honor of, check out other areas of the Allpar site about Allen B. "Tobe" Couture, one of Walter P Chrysler's inside circle. Mr. Couture wrote of his experiences with the development of the first Chrysler automobiles during the early 1920s - a very interesting story.

Reactions: djsamuel

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought a 2010 PT new back in January '10, and now have about 45,000 miles on it (it's my daily driver). I had wanted to replace my wife's 2004 PT a year or so ago with a Couture, but she won't give her's up.
We still have our 2003 PT that we take to car shows, and our 2005 convertible that we put up for the winter. What I like most about the 2010 is how complete the package is: 4 wheel discs, abs and traction control, trip computer, Sirius radio, power heated seats, and sunroof.

Enjoy your new ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
JimW said:
I bought a 2010 PT new back in January '10, and now have about 45,000 miles on it (it's my daily driver). I had wanted to replace my wife's 2004 PT a year or so ago with a Couture, but she won't give her's up.
We still have our 2003 PT that we take to car shows, and our 2005 convertible that we put up for the winter. What I like most about the 2010 is how complete the package is: 4 wheel discs, abs and traction control, trip computer, Sirius radio, power heated seats, and sunroof.

Enjoy your new ride! :thumbsup:
Wow, you are a real PT family. I want a PT myself, too, now that my wife has one. I like the form factor, but I think I will get a Turbo High Output model. And I like the "woody" versions with some nice aftermarket rims.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
That is a nice woodie design. Wonder if they have a point at the front of the woodie instead of the roundness, think it would look nicer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up my 2010 PT Cruiser Couture Edition this past Friday. GAWD I LOVE it! I live in the Seattle area so it was only in the mid 40's but I drove home with the moon roof open and the heated seats on LOL! Spent the day up in BC today and used the cruise control on the long straight stretches of highway. Wow - never had a car with that before - so awesome! I love absolutely everything about this car and everyone I've showed it to just says "wow". It's definitely the prettiest PT they've made and drives great. The seats are so comfy and don't just adjust back to front but up and down a bit as well. You really can get so much comfortable!! LOVE my car and definitely recommend it to anyone. Here's some pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200827571354644.1073741828.1324556348&type=1&l=3c0bf651a2 (you don't have to be on Facebook to see it). Oh the cat's in there because I saw on Youtube there's a song called "Cat in the PT Cruiser"

By the way, picked this car up for $12,600.00 and it still had a lot of its warranty. I think it was a smokin' deal, eh?

·
Registered
87 Posts
PTLaura said:
I picked up my 2010 PT Cruiser Couture Edition this past Friday. GAWD I LOVE it! I live in the Seattle area so it was only in the mid 40's but I drove home with the moon roof open and the heated seats on LOL! Spent the day up in BC today and used the cruise control on the long straight stretches of highway. Wow - never had a car with that before - so awesome! I love absolutely everything about this car and everyone I've showed it to just says "wow". It's definitely the prettiest PT they've made and drives great. The seats are so comfy and don't just adjust back to front but up and down a bit as well. You really can get so much comfortable!! LOVE my car and definitely recommend it to anyone. Here's some pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200827571354644.1073741828.1324556348&type=1&l=3c0bf651a2 (you don't have to be on Facebook to see it). Oh the cat's in there because I saw on Youtube there's a song called "Cat in the PT Cruiser"

By the way, picked this car up for $12,600.00 and it still had a lot of its warranty. I think it was a smokin' deal, eh?
Yeah that's a great deal. And a great PT -- top of the line and only 500 Coutures were made. Beautiful car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is truly a beautiful car. I live in the Seattle area too. I hope we run into each other someday. There is a Couture edition where it's owner works at Top Foods in Woodinville but that is the only one I have seen. By the way, I have a 2006 Signiture Series Touring model with 90,000 miles on it a I love it.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
IBCruizen said:
That is truly a beautiful car. I live in the Seattle area too. I hope we run into each other someday.
Not like the last time someone ran into her I hope... *grin*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HA HA HA HA HA TWX! Now THAT would suck!!! So yes, would love to "run into" you, too, but let's not RUN INTO eachother!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts