Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 94 Shadow. I sold it when it basically got so rusty that it broke in half, but still... I had an Omni before that (not really an EEK I know) I've been driving a Versa since and honestly the Shadow was a more comfortable car, I could work onit myself, and it always got 30-32 MPG which the Versa only gets on the freeway. Just sayin' the EEK cars are under-rated vehicles. and I miss hanging out here.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The Versa is a very odd vehicle, and I don't understand why anyone would buy one when you can get a very nice used car with low miles and similar insurance for about the same or less money. But I guess theres always that person who would rather buy a brand new crap car just to be able to say they got a new car.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
There are a lot of white Sundance/Shadows around here that somehow are quite rust free. A local dealer buys up the old phone company vehicles at auction. He has a lot full of white trucks and vans, with lifts, ladder racks, etc. as well as a steady stream of P bodies. All I can figure is he goes down south for them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as the new car thing, I was all set to buy my sister's 93 Duster she had since new. Stored winters, maintained rigorously, really in fantastic shape (and I'd already have a parts car) but my wife is one of those "new car every 5 years" people who thinks when a car gets over 75K or so, it'll self destruct or something. Well the way she ignored maintaining her cars, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy, but that's another story. A guy at work has a Shadow that's the same magenta color mine was, and every time I see it I remember mine.
The Versa's not bad, it's just basic transportation and if I "had" to havs new car to keep the peace I didn't want to spend the next 7 years paying it off.

I

·
0 Posts
Most Asian cars are ment for "Point A to Point B" kind of people, and I havn't driven a "fast" asian car yet that has impressed me.

Every EEK I've own has been reliable, efficient and quicker than most people expect. My Imperial, while non-power brakes; is smooth riding(dispite using gas shocks), nimble, comfy and while the style is outdated It pays tribute to the luxury Mopars of the past. AY bodies are bigger inside than they look and have either pillowly cloth or overstuffed leather and both are comfortable for hours of driving. As long as you follow the gospel of ATF-4 ONLY for your tranny, you can drive one until the car falls apart.

I can't see myself moving out of the K-car era yet, probably the only thing newer I'd want that's reasonable priced is a LH style New Yorker, SRT-4 Neon or a fwd 3.8 Pacifica

1 - 5 of 5 Posts