Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah- thanks-
you see i have booked a car shop to do the job on tuesday. I didnt want them to start this job without me beeing sure i had the right seal-that would cost me 150 doll more.
i therefor jacked up car today to inspect , but infact is was very difficult to measure the seal and i started to get concerned that the one i ordered would be to small - now i know i got the right one. sometimes descriptions on Rovkauto can be a little unclear-even i always get the right parts :thumbsup:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update:

Oil- seal was the right one- but the mechanic has not done the job right and it still leaks- I checked if he has ever changed it but he has.
Now i regret i didnt do the job myself.

How do you guys install oil-seals? Ive been told just to hammer them carefully in, using a big pipe or somthing in between. Do you use any kind og sealing grease or glue or anything? Ive been told thats not need of.

·
Super Moderator
21,352 Posts
The seal should tap on with an arbor that fits on the outer seal shell without distorting the part. A smear of rtv can be applied to the outer shell where it fits into the transaxle extension housing to prevent possible outer seal leaks.
Make sure that the finish on the axle CV stub is in good condition where it contacts the seal lips. Grooved, nicked or damaged seal surfaces can cause repeated leaks.

http://www.toolsource.com/axle-pinion-seal-installer-rainier-p-110899.html

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi again , Yes I think its an outer seal leakage. - and yes for me i cant really see why not put a small amount of sealant in housing when installing,.seem logic to me...

that tools seem great-think im gonna buy one- recomend seller?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts