Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruiser keeps blowing an ignition fuse when I accelerate aggressively in what I would guess is 3rd gear. What’s causing this and how can I fix it?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
. . . . My cruiser keeps blowing an ignition fuse when I accelerate aggressively in what I would guess is 3rd gear. What’s causing this and how can I fix it? . . . .
The engine will have some movement in its mounts as you accelerate and de-accelerate in normal driving. There is a wire / wires that have rubbed through the insulation and shorting to ground when the engine moves and causing a fuse to fail.

Identify which fuse is failing when you drive. That will help identify the offending circuit and provide guidance as to a particular wiring harness to inspect. See attached image.

TIPM Fuse Box.gif

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Have you done any mods to the engine? I had a issue where some time after installing a K&N air intake system it rubbed a wire through just under the air cleaner causing me many visits to the doctor until we found it. Due to how large the air cleaner was it rubbed on a wire bundle where as the stock one would not and this is from the engine banking back n forth under power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts