Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just out with my brother when I saw it. The Lebaron front end caught my eye, then as it drove past I said out loud "Wow!". It was a dark blue (paint may have been a bit faded) with Ontario plates. I wonder what that person was doing down here around this area. I wish I had thought to turn around and see where it was going, and maybe take a picture and talk to the owner. I wonder how many of those are left now?

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
They're out there, I've seen quite a few for sale over the years.

I

·
0 Posts
Last year I found an 86 executive limo with the turbo 1, it's tranny was dead but for $350 I highly regret missing out on that pimp mobile

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Our dealership had a few of these and I have the new car brochures for both the stretched-K Limousine and the Executive Sedan.
We used one to pick up Chrysler VIP's at the airport.
There are a couple of Nightwatch blue ones here in Rochester rotting behind a fence in storage. I have not approached them for a better look.

·
Fleet Owner
1,172 Posts
Last year I found an 86 executive limo with the turbo 1, it's tranny was dead but for $350 I highly regret missing out on that pimp mobile
That would have been in my driveway in a heartbeat :lol: Where was it? Did it sell?

I

·
0 Posts
It was in tyler,tx. If i had saw it 2 days sooner it would have been mine. It was exactailly perfect in every way besides the dead tranny. I even had a larger turbo lying around at the time that would have been perfect

·
Super Moderator
36,929 Posts
At least it was blessed with a turbo instead of the 2.6

·
Registered
682 Posts
One came up in Abilene this summer ... same car, maybe with fixed tranny?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 2 exec.limo’s with 2.6 engines. I drive one during the summer months in CT and I am not unhappy with the 2.6 liter engine performance. Would I like more power...yes, but I like it. Great car, creat big car ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My God I would LOVE to have that car!! Havent had too much luck down in socal or vegas sporting one (I thought they were rare?) but hopefully I'll see one soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had 3, but one I ended up using asa parts car for the other 2. I actually own the 1984 Executive Limo “Pilot” Car.
It was the very first 1984 model built. It was built on the last day of 1983 plant production as a 1984 model. A one of none built that should never have been sold by Chrysler. Some Executive used it, or possibly it was used by Chrysler Marketing, maybe even as the model for the dealership consumer brochures. I wish I could find some one who knows anything about “Pilot” cars or St. Louis Assembly plant production.

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
I found this old photo in the attic. At the 1986 Mopar Nationals in Chelsea, Mich was this long-wheelbase LeBaron K Parade car. It must have been based on the Limo/Executive sedan chassis and had the top removed.
I imagine with the stiffening of the roof panel and side pillar structure being absent, that the stretched underside unibody had to be stiffened considerably.
This car is another testament to the flexibility of the K-body platform and the creativity of the team.

1985 LeBaron Parade car.jpeg 1.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have 2 exec.limo’s with 2.6 engines. I drive one during the summer months in CT and I am not unhappy with the 2.6 liter engine performance. Would I like more power...yes, but I like it. Great car, creat big car ride.
Wow. I took my 88 Aries wagon to an all-Mopar show at Papa Chrysler Jeep Dodge in New Britain, CT earlier this year, and they had an Executive Limo inside in their museum display area. That was the only time I have ever seen 1 of these in person - it was really cool to see it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts