Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old first edition PT Ltd will hit 100K next week. Love this thing. I do have a PIA problem that hopefully some other owners/mechanics may have experienced and might know how to resolve.

As you know the rear seats fold up. The backs fold forward onto the bottom, then the bottom can fold forward against the back of the front seats. This leave a considerable amount of flat room on the floor for large-ish cargo.

Well, for what ever reason, the release latch for the bottom of the right read is inoperable. Pulling it does nothing so the seat is immovable. I've tried to view the latch mechanism with a flashlight with the hopes of releasing it but I can't even see it.

Can anyone who may have experienced this please advise if and what can be done to resolve this? Oh, I did take it to the dealer for another reason and his response was just to live with it. Of course that's doable but why not be able to use it how it was designed.

Ideas, suggestions, etc? Thanks all. :D

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Are the bolts for the front of the seat cushion hinge or pivot accessible?
When you pull up on the release strap, does it feel like the strap is doing anything (like the return spring pulling it back when you release it)?
According to the parts manual there is a cable (rear seat release) listed in the parts listing, but it isn't shown in the picture. The seat cover and cushion may have to be partially removed while it's in the car to access this area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts