Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2012 TC, while I am parking the engine will somtimes surge to about 900-950 RPMs, this has caused me to run into my garage wall twice...is there a reason for the surge? I can see a a bump to about 700 RPM, but this is a bit much...

I have noticed the same thing on the my In Laws 2012 Caravan.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Should be under warranty, report it to your dealer.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will, I just wanted to see if anybody else noticed the same thing, if so what was the fix?

Also it will some times surge when moving from R to D thus I get nasty thud.

·
Super Moderator
21,370 Posts
There were software updates for the PCM/TCM on RT built before 6-25-12 for shift quality and false high MAP signal improvements. Have them re-learn the throttle (ETC) and quicklearn after the flash (if applicable).

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just has the update done and the shift quality is much better, no more hard Drive engagements.
:thumbsup:
However the idle surge is still there....the dealer says that is normal?

·
Super Moderator
21,370 Posts
Can they expand on 'normal'? Like why it is normal? A/C compressor engagement can cause a momentary change in idle speed in defrost or floor/defrost mode, if this is what is happening.
Are they aware that the vehicle has bumped the garage twice from unexpected idle speed flare? Did they actually witness the idle flare concern?
The car manufacturers are very afraid of any 'unintended acceleration'-type concerns after the Toyota thing and should take any of these concerns seriously.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to take back the Van anyhow and want the Service writer to take a drive with me, that way I can show him what it is doing. I could see Idle bumping up with A/C engaugment, shoul only jump about a 100 RPM's?

This one seems to jump while Parking or moving slowly, regardless of AC or Not. Normal idle is about 600 once warm, regardless of being in gear or not & about 550 when the Heat/AC system is off.

While parking it will jump to about 950 RPM, when it does I just hold the brake and let it calm down then continue parking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts