Allpar Forums banner

Idle surge on 2012 T&C

1462 7
On my 2012 TC, while I am parking the engine will somtimes surge to about 900-950 RPMs, this has caused me to run into my garage wall twice...is there a reason for the surge? I can see a a bump to about 700 RPM, but this is a bit much...

I have noticed the same thing on the my In Laws 2012 Caravan.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,276 Posts
There were software updates for the PCM/TCM on RT built before 6-25-12 for shift quality and false high MAP signal improvements. Have them re-learn the throttle (ETC) and quicklearn after the flash (if applicable).

· Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
17,276 Posts
Can they expand on 'normal'? Like why it is normal? A/C compressor engagement can cause a momentary change in idle speed in defrost or floor/defrost mode, if this is what is happening.
Are they aware that the vehicle has bumped the garage twice from unexpected idle speed flare? Did they actually witness the idle flare concern?
The car manufacturers are very afraid of any 'unintended acceleration'-type concerns after the Toyota thing and should take any of these concerns seriously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.