Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I hope i get this in the right place. HaHA LOL.

Of course I am joining here, because of all the knowledge and experience of the members.
I live in Saskatchewan Canada, pretty much the @##$%^& of the earth; We get bone-chilling winters -40+ degrees
and lovely summers with huge amounts of rain.
The nice thing about living here is we are always attached by hungry msquetos and black flies, wasps, etc.
but we don't have poisiones snakes, other than some bad @#$ people.
I am in my mid 50's and am basically ignorant, but do have some skills, and can break bolts, which of course
is nothing but a pain in the @#$%, get the drill and the easy out, son.
with al, that said, i look forward to reading up on others nightmares, which will make my problems seem non-existant;

sincerely Brue

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Welcome to Allpar, Bruce. Your intro is kind of vague. Do you own any Mopars and if so, are you having trouble with any of them? There are a lot of great folks here that are always willing to help, but you have to let us know what you're trying to do first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned many mopars over the yrs, but recently sold my 05 chrysler 300, and have a 3.5 v6 motor with 130 kilometers on it, the cam is stuck on the passenger side and burnt the timing belt off, I got the car when i traded straight across for my 95 dakota 4x4 fullsize shortbox; and just swapped the motor out with another;

I have a 1996 v6 dakota slt 2 wheel drive, and a 1993 dakota Le 4x4 with the 318 on propane, this are daily drivers.
I recently horse traded my old 81 dodge 360 v8 4x4 for a 95 dodge slt 4x4 with the 318 magnum, (the trans, is out and I was told its cratered) NFG;it`s bound tight
and I don`t know diddly about trasmissions, so think it is out of my realm to take apart;
I have a 1992 dakota LE 4x4 with the v6, which has all the windows smashed it was an i nsurance total but could be replated if I wanted to put windows back in it;
So right now i am down to the 4 Dakota`s all which are the midsize or 1/4 ton versions, but am always buying and selling. I was doing Saturn Ions 03's to 07's but after rebuilding a bunch of lite hit insurance total losses, i got sick of GM stuff and decided to get some more MOPAR !
I also have a 07 ford edge, with the panoramic roof, my wife insisted on that one, and well it was a smoking deal at the time, so I figure whatever it takes to make her happy, My son has a 06 chrysler 300 with the 5speed (thank god) because the 4speed was junk;
Winter is fast approaching, the leaves are turning yellow and dropping, so i need to get my dedicated snow plow set-up ASAP, I have a large 2 car drive-way and shoveling is not an option in -40 weather, plus it's fun, and my sideline.
I really need to know if I can swap the v6 engine / trans / out of the 92, and put it in the 95, as the body and interior are near perfect, and this would give me the 318 for back-up for the 93 thats on propane it has 300k[s and is starting to lose oil pressure, but does not smoke or use oil. It is my daily driver though;
Sorry for the long story, wadda ya think?

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
You should pose that question in the Dakota header here. There are some VERY knowledgeable members that can help you out with that. I'm not sure, because I've never owned a Dakota and don't know if there were any sensor changes in that time frame. And I know what you mean about keeping the wife happy. I have a Chevy Equinox that my wife loves, but not so much for me.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Welcome to Allpar!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts