1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part

• Large liftback shaped like a traditional sedan.
  • Bench seat available
  • column shifter
  • air suspension that can be adjusted to sedan or SUV height: 5.5-9 inches ground clearance.
Give any more feedback about this proposition, or anything else or different ideas of a modern classic.

Should the iconic nameplate be revived under the new ownership, how could it work, and be kept relevant in this day, and keep it in demand?

(You can also talk about other classic Chrysler cars making a comeback in this thread. LeBaron, New Yorker, etc.)

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
1,961 Posts
View attachment 84959
View attachment 84960
View attachment 84961

• Large liftback shaped like a traditional sedan.
  • Bench seat available
  • column shifter
  • air suspension that can be adjusted to sedan or SUV height: 5.5-9 inches ground clearance.
Give any more feedback about this proposition, or anything else or different ideas of a modern classic.

Should the iconic nameplate be revived under the new ownership, how could it work, and be kept relevant in this day, and keep it in demand?

(You can also talk about other classic Chrysler cars making a comeback in this thread. LeBaron, New Yorker, etc.)
I like the idea of a column shifter, always prefer those. I would get rid of the air suspension idea since they are prone to failure. Also where are the cup holders near the dash?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of a column shifter, always prefer those. I would get rid of the air suspension idea since they are prone to failure. Also where are the cup holders near the dash?
Figuring that out still. They can remove about a 1/3 of the bin space. Either at the top, right, left or bottom. I'm thinking left because it's closest to the driver.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yep, the air suspension is a no-go for me. A coworker has a Ram with the air suspension and he is always having problems with it. One day the drivers side was fully raised and the passenger side was fully lowered, looked crazy. He took it over to the local dealer, 2 week wait to get it in to get checked out. Luckily it fixed itself the next day.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shouldn't this be under the rumors sections instead of the news section? I feel like I am the only one sometimes who puts topics in the right spot.

As for the rendering, I can't say I like that grille emblem, the lifted designs, or the Imperial poorly photoshopped on the side.
I saw News & Rumors in one place, I guess.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, the air suspension is a no-go for me. A coworker has a Ram with the air suspension and he is always having problems with it. One day the drivers side was fully raised and the passenger side was fully lowered, looked crazy. He took it over to the local dealer, 2 week wait to get it in to get checked out. Luckily it fixed itself the next day.
A fixed ground clearance somewhere between a sedan and SUV would work just as well then I guess, maybe 6.5- 7 inches.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My ideas won't be perfect, but I think a status car with excellent quality execution is exactly what Chrysler needs. Whether it be Imperial, LeBaron or New Yorker.

It sounds to me that for the 100th Anniversary, it seems likely the "New Yorker" name might come back.

Is there a visual idea of what you do want to see from a bold Chrysler modern flagship, or a list of things? I used the Wagoneer as a starting point because it seems the closest to any modern classic look that could come from Chrysler.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think you did a good job overall. I just think if you remove the imperial and the emblem on the grille, place a normal Chrysler logo maybe?? It does look cool. I like the shape. Just not the elevated stance. Overall you did good! :)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yup. I owned 2 lincoln town cars and each one had a problem with the air suspension.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you did a good job overall. I just think if you remove the imperial and the emblem on the grille, place a normal Chrysler logo maybe?? It does look cool. I like the shape. Just not the elevated stance. Overall you did good! :)
Thank you! :) Yeah I can try. Why though? I wanted the Imperial script by itself but couldn't find it so used a font that was close. I think I missed out on the part that it was supposed to be an S model, so the grille should've been darker and a different pattern. The Wagoneer has no Jeep badges, therefore I don't think the Imperial should have Chrysler badges, but idk.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My ideas won't be perfect, but I think a status car with excellent quality execution is exactly what Chrysler needs. Whether it be Imperial, LeBaron or New Yorker.

It sounds to me that for the 100th Anniversary, it seems likely the "New Yorker" name might come back.

Is there a visual idea of what you do want to see from a bold Chrysler modern flagship, or a list of things? I used the Wagoneer as a starting point because it seems the closest to any modern classic look that could come from Chrysler.
Since I own a Imperial I will be biased and say Imperial lol. Also always need a waterfall grille.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Anything new is prone to failure. Not sure where you'd put cupholders near the dash if you don't have a console, unless they're something that's going to fold up into the dash like in Ram pickups. Otherwise, they'd have to go in an enlarged center armrest.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anything new is prone to failure. Not sure where you'd put cupholders near the dash if you don't have a console, unless they're something that's going to fold up into the dash like in Ram pickups. Otherwise, they'd have to go in an enlarged center armrest.
I think folding in and out would be cool! with freed up space from not needing a gas engine, the possibilities to go with bench seating are open!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
He had a nice rendering of them near the dash. Maybe he will upload it. But air suspension is not reliable and it hasn't been for years.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts