Allpar Forums banner
201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,095 Posts
If there were to be a new Imperial, I'd think it would be another Chrysler Imperial... Maserati Quattroporte has done a reasonably good job of being the historical Imperial: based on the top Chrysler but with no holds barred. Sales may have dropped but it was still arguably as successful as just about any of the old Imperials. I may be Chrysler loyal but Maserati’s reputation already exists.

·
Banned
3,138 Posts
If there were to be a new Imperial, I'd think it would be another Chrysler Imperial... Maserati Quattroporte has done a reasonably good job of being the historical Imperial: based on the top Chrysler but with no holds barred. Sales may have dropped but it was still arguably as successful as just about any of the old Imperials. I may be Chrysler loyal but Maserati’s reputation already exists.
Exactly what I said in another thread, GM is going to give Cadillac the $100K+ sedan and SUV because it doesn't have Maserati and Jeep. Chrysler is still going to go head to head with the rest of the Cadillac lineup in the future.

·
Banned
3,138 Posts
Chrysler and Cadillac don't compete with each other. You guys are comparing a minivan brand with a luxury brand.
Every Cadillac on sale today except Escalade has a starting price of $33K-$49K. Cadillac has announced it is going to a lineup of BEV SUVs and cars, same for Chrysler. We are going to see 80% overlap in the two brands by 2028, there isn't any now.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Every Cadillac on sale today except Escalade has a starting price of $33K-$49K. Cadillac has announced it is going to a lineup of BEV SUVs and cars, same for Chrysler. We are going to see 80% overlap in the two brands by 2028, there isn't any now.
I'll believe there is any overlap between the two brands when I see it.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,095 Posts
Chrysler and Cadillac don't compete with each other. You guys are comparing a minivan brand with a luxury brand.
Nobody said they did. We were talking about Maserati and Cadillac.

Chrysler, if it ever competed with Cadillac, did so in the 1920s... on features but not on luxury. Imperial was supposed to go up against Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
a matured 'TC'
The LX Executive Series on the extended wheelbase was an Imperial-class idea.
An Imperial needs to be a modern Chrysler, not the '30s inspired Lincoln/Cadillac and Bentley/RR themes of later models and design exercises
Here are some cherry-picked nuggets that I'd use for a modern IMPERIAL, taking the best ideas from all of its (Chrysler/Imperial) past and reformulate them for the modern architecture. BOLD, LUXURIOUS and UNMISTAKABLY CHRYSLER!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Would you like to see Chrysler introduce themes, like Lincoln Black Label? Maybe based on different countries? Be the "Worldwide" of brands?, continuing off the Imported From slogan, also because they're now part of a European group?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Considering the Chrysler brand is only for the U.S., I don't see the value in bringing in global themes or playing up that Stellantis is foreign. I think the themes in the manner of Lincoln would be cool but ultimately not necessary. I would like Chrysler to be the brand that plays with different non-leather interior materials like Volvo has been.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
1,962 Posts
Would you like to see Chrysler introduce themes, like Lincoln Black Label? Maybe based on different countries? Be the "Worldwide" of brands?, continuing off the Imported From slogan, also because they're now part of a European group?
I always liked the Lincoln Black Label thing.

·
Super Moderator
40,009 Posts
They have international brands. They don’t need international trims in a brand that doesn’t sell much outside of North America.
I think Chrysler needs to embrace its American roots if it wants to make a space for itself in the market.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
True, but even though it's an American brand, why limit what the brand could represent? It's had a bird and Wings in its logo for most of its life, why not give them an image of freedom and travel? Especially to go along with long range?

I don't think "Hoedown" American themes would fit Chrysler. That's a Ram thing. Jeep could do nature, rocky, dirt themes, and Dodge could do Sports themes.

·
Super Moderator
40,009 Posts
I don't think "Hoedown" American themes would fit Chrysler. That's a Ram thing. Jeep could do nature, rocky, dirt themes, and Dodge could do Sports themes.
That's rather insulting to say "American roots" is equivalent to "hoedown".
American roots like traveling comfortably over long highway trips, not trying to be America's BMW.
What's the obsession with themes about anyway?

Reactions: tlc and David S
201 - 220 of 254 Posts