Allpar Forums banner
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,095 Posts
Today's GM is not pre-Barra GM.

That said, it's kinda irrelevant. I just want to say one thing - the reason Lincoln did a sorta-1930s look is because of the research Bob Sheaves did for them. He tested that system on Allpar, with my consent, years and years ago. It's what people in that income class want. Like it or not, the 1930s look is associated with luxury by an awful lot of people.

If they do it, I'd like to see them do it well. Lincoln didn't go 100% with Bob's research and they ended up with a couple of styling cues tacked onto modern cars. BEVs let you do it right because you're back to the old top-hat-on-a-chassis thing, well, at least you are if you're Rivian. I don't know how Stellantis will play it.

·
Banned
3,138 Posts
Today's GM is not pre-Barra GM.

That said, it's kinda irrelevant. I just want to say one thing - the reason Lincoln did a sorta-1930s look is because of the research Bob Sheaves did for them. He tested that system on Allpar, with my consent, years and years ago. It's what people in that income class want. Like it or not, the 1930s look is associated with luxury by an awful lot of people.

If they do it, I'd like to see them do it well. Lincoln didn't go 100% with Bob's research and they ended up with a couple of styling cues tacked onto modern cars. BEVs let you do it right because you're back to the old top-hat-on-a-chassis thing, well, at least you are if you're Rivian. I don't know how Stellantis will play it.
Bob was responsible for the '69 Mark III? I thought that was Lee. That's how long Lincoln has been putting '30s styled grills on modern cars.

·
Super Moderator
40,009 Posts
Bob was responsible for the '69 Mark III? I thought that was Lee. That's how long Lincoln has been putting '30s styled grills on modern cars.
I’m sure that statement was in regards to later cars, not the 1969s.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,095 Posts
I think you know what I mean, and I'm not talking about just tossing on a grille.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
View attachment 85989

Jeep Grand Wagoneer L mule turned into Chrysler Grand Imperial mule.
How would a design like the original 2005 IMPERIAL CONCEPT (not the watered down version that made show circuits) translate to the big Jeeps' chasing given its more formal body lines? I'd make the hood to cowl relation a bit longer as well, for proportioning sake. Think Aznom Palladium turned Americana! Just an idea I had before the Aznom Palladium broke onto the scene...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
How would a design like the original 2005 IMPERIAL CONCEPT (not the watered down version that made show circuits) translate to the big Jeeps' chasing given its more formal body lines? I'd make the hood to cowl relation a bit longer as well, for proportioning sake. Think Aznom Palladium turned Americana! Just an idea I had before the Aznom Palladium broke onto the scene...
I saw it, and I kind of like it! The problem is that because it's a sedan, it needs to have a large 3rd window, or it'll feel claustrophobic.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts