Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired a complete Infinty system, amplifier and all from a 2001 Sebring convertible. I have a few questions.

First, the CD changer is a 4 disc one, I have two of them now and neither wants to work, when connected to the head unit and powered on, all five lights will illuminate, when the radio is turned on, and either the CD button on the radio is depressed or any of the load/eject disc x buttons on the changer are pressed the 4 disc lights will start alternately flashing 1-2 then 3-4 and nothing happens, if the radio is turned off, then back on it reverts to it's initial condition. I have read through the repair portion of this site and all it really covers is how to get your CDs out if it isn't working. I would like to get it or maybe another compatible one to the RBB control head that works.

Second, the amplifier has a top down equalization mode, on the Sebring it gets a signal from the BCM telling it the top is down, since I will be installing this in my K body 1986 Lebaron convertible, I would like to find out if it gets a + or - signal from the BCM if anyone knows.

Third, does anyone know what the output wattage of the amplifier is, either total or per channel, it is a six channel system. dash, doors and rear each speaker having it's own dedicated channel (I assume some of this is due to the top up/top down equalizer difference).

Finally, I think I found a replacement for the dash speakers, but nothing for the doors or rear quarter of the 1986, any ideas?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on this, I had picked up the junction block assembly from a 2002 Sebring convertible at the Virginia Beach Pick-n-Pull. I have been slowly testing it's various functions since then. For anyone interested, the BCM grounds the orange top down equalization wire when the top is lowered. I assume, but have no way to verify it, that the BCM will "remember" which position the top was in when the ignition was turned off. so it is in the correct mode on restarting the car.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This is not a typical amplifier. The output to each speakers consists of 4 wires, 2 for the audio and 2 to power the on-speaker amplifier. The infinity speakers themselves are 2 ohm with the second set of wires to power the amplifier mounted to the speaker. If you replace the speaker with a standard non-amplified speaker the sound output will be diminished as you are pushing 2 ohms into either 4 or 8 ohms and not amplifying it at the speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts