Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
Greetings from Tennessee!

I have been researching this emission decal for my Warren Plant /1972 D200 Custom 131 in WB Sweptline pick up for a few years. My truck still has the factory unaltered 400 2 bbl / 727 trans/ Dana 60 5500 lb 3.54 Limited slip / factory air/ Electronic ignition/I have owned my truck since 1989. It was delivered to the first owner at Holly Motor Company, Tyler Texas on July 26th 1972. I am in process having the decal reproduced by a Chrysler Authorized Reproduction Company .This decal was applied to the passengers side valve cover and not on the fender well. We have extracted all info from my original decal but could not retrieve the part number from it. Does anyone have this information or possibly a lead. I have been a member of several Dodge vintage truck sites for a year and so far no luck on finding another decal to compare to! My 400 Engine was assembled 5/22/1972 at the Trenton Engine plant. This decal is only for the 1972 model year and lists multi engines 318LA, 30 LA, 225 RG, 361B, 400B, 440RB, specifically for D, W truck applications and up to the D500 series. I will post a few pictures of the history and my de construction of the truck for restoration if anyone would like to see them. It's a slow process! My
Build
book is about 3 inches thick so far. Thanks for your help!
Hal
Jeans Rectangle Pink Font Magenta
build

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,683 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. I'm finding no such C.A.S. engine emission certification decal or label in the 1972 Mopar passenger car parts catalog.
I do remember seeing it on truck valve covers. I had a 1972 Sportsman van with the 225 that had it.
I would try to find someone with a 1972 Mopar truck parts catalog or a 1972 truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Allpar. I'm finding no such C.A.S. engine emission certification decal or label in the 1972 Mopar passenger car parts catalog.
I do remember seeing it on truck valve covers. I had a 1972 Sportsman van with the 225 that had it.
I would try to find someone with a 1972 Mopar truck parts catalog or a 1972 truck.
Hi !
Thanks for the response! I have researched My Mopar Truck 1972- 1973 Loose Leaf Parts catalog and found no listing of the decal. I researched my other Mopar Truck Parts Catalogs from 1974 to 1980 and found they do not list a part number for the emissions decals for those years either. I found a source that has for all Mopar Emission and other decals at Osborne Reproductions. Their catalog has truck and auto emission decals but not this type for the 1972 year. I sent them a picture of my decal and they had never seen one. I have used David Wise's ( MMC Detroit) Truck reference manual for research but the manual only has samples back to 1973. I have posted the same picture and info on the three vintage Dodge truck groups I belong to on Face Book also with unsuccessful results. I will repost my first thread using your heading suggestion also. Thanks again for the help! Hal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts