Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Town and Country. The insulation that insulates the rear part of the engine compartment has started to fall down. It would be the part that would insulate the dashboard/cowl area under the wipers. There appears to be no fasteners attaching it to the cowl area. Does anyone have any idea of how to reattach? Does Chrysler use a special adhesive that would glue the felt material to the cowl? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Best thing to do is remove it gently so you can look and see if it was glued on or if see if the clips or attaching hardware of whatever has simply worn out and broken.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2002 Town and Country. The insulation that insulates the rear part of the engine compartment has started to fall down. It would be the part that would insulate the dashboard/cowl area under the wipers. There appears to be no fasteners attaching it to the cowl area. Does anyone have any idea of how to reattach? Does Chrysler use a special adhesive that would glue the felt material to the cowl? Thanks
If it is only glued up 3M Super-Adhesive Spray http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Super-77/Super77/?WT.mc_id=www.3m.com/Super77
Not cheap but should do the trick. I used it on the sound pad under my bonnet (hood) on my MGB over 8 years ago and it's still holding.
I'm assuming there is some metal behind the insulation to glue it to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts