Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently a Gen V Viper engine was spotted at Arrow Racing... not normally a big deal, but this had a paxton (or similar) supercharger strapped to it.
This could mean a few things:
1.SRT is planning on supercharging the Viper V-10 for production
2.MOPAR is developing a bolt-on supercharger kit for the Gen V
3.SRT is working on an engine for a Viper Racecar (possibly formula-D?)
4.Absolutely nothing, who knows what sorts of data SRT will get from these tests at Arrow.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently, the new Vipers are also coming in light... supposedly "FAR lighter (even the GTS) than the ZR1 we tested at 3,383.5 curb"

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I've call Arrow Racing , and emailed them about upgrades to my 2013 SRT Challenger , and have not yet received any follow up - it's been 3 weeks .....

Arrington Performace replies to their emails within a day ......

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MoparJoe said:
I've call Arrow Racing , and emailed them about upgrades to my 2013 SRT Challenger , and have not yet received any follow up - it's been 3 weeks .....

Arrington Performace replies to their emails within a day ......
Probably because Arrow is too busy building/testing all the Gen V Viper engines for SRT...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Are they building a car for, "Are you faster than a redneck"?
Some awesome hot rods. Too bad they have a hard time at the first 90 deg. corner. One would think the rednecks would practice and know their car better than to slide through that corner. It's their track.
They need a a viper for the last race or a V10 cuda or challenger.
Too bad they don't offer a SRT neon or Caliber in that show.

·
3,813 Posts
I believe I told you all a long time ago that Arrow Racing is doing a Supercharger for the SRT Viper and I believe kdaviper told me that it wasn't true at all...

Arrow Racing pretty much confirmed this a long time ago during our Viper Training up in Detroit.

That being said, you are correct that they could just scrap the whole thing at some point and never actually release it... but the ACR will not be the new ZR1 fighter... remember that.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
JRS200x said:
That being said, you are correct that they could just scrap the whole thing at some point and never actually release it... but the ACR will not be the new ZR1 fighter... remember that.
In my best Tim Allen voice.

MWUH!?!?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JRS200x said:
I believe I told you all a long time ago that Arrow Racing is doing a Supercharger for the SRT Viper and I believe kdaviper told me that it wasn't true at all...

Arrow Racing pretty much confirmed this a long time ago during our Viper Training up in Detroit.

lol, never said it wasn't true, though others within the community asked around and didn't hear anything about the program. Not surprising though, since SRT is Chrysler's skunkworks division.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I think one will be for Laptime Bragging rights and the other for Top Speed/acceleration Bragging rights. The Veyron/SSC and other "Hyper Cars" are horrible track cars from what i hear but they get praise because of their Top speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts