Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
90 Posts
How much of a pain is it to do underlighting?
Depends on your level of thoroughness! Mine came with pre-applied 3M VHB tape so it could be taped in. However, I wanted something more permanent so I grabbed a back of wire tie-downs from Lowes, and some screws for metal and pulled out the tacks and used screws and wire tie downs to secure the strips (as well as the VHB). I've driven approximately 22,000 and gone through snow/blizzards/deep-ish water with no issue yet. Took me 6 hours to do it nicely, though it could be done in 1-2 hours but look sloppy. I ran the wires behind the wheel splash trims, and used various tie downs and zip-ties to secure any excess. The kit I ordered came as a 6 piece set. 2 for rear, 2 for side along the chassis and 2 for under the front bumper. I picked that kit, as it made replacing any individual strips much easier should the need arise. Wiring wise, I ran a relay to IGN+12v and the battery and added in a switch to the center console for hard on/off. It took me so long because it was 100degrees, and as a Brit - this was a huge struggle.

Quick answer - Easy, but time consuming to do nicely.

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
90 Posts
Yeah, she is gorgeous! Where did you get that grille piece??
Thank you!! I got mine from eBay - they are very hard to come by though. Search terms are 'PT Cruiser Dream Cruiser 5 2010 Billet Grille' as it's for a 2010 Dream Cruiser. Expect to pay big bucks for it, I paid almost $600 total. $400 on the upper, $200 on the lower. These ones are genuine new-old-stock Mopar pieces though I got from a dealership on eBay

·
Registered
Chrysler PT Cruiser
90 Posts
Wow, those grilles really have gone up.

I bought mine off eBay for $240 in 05/18. At that time I think the seller had 5 sets available. NOS.
Oh yeah for sure, I got mine in May of 2020 and there were two upper and 1 lower piece on the whole of eBay at that time. They show up from time to time, but they are extremely scarce. I sometimes wonder about swapping back the original in case it ever gets in a wreck. But that defeats the purpose of having nice things, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts