Allpar Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I don't have a garage, it's getting very cold up here North of the Montana border, plus I'd have to buy a transmission dipstick...so I think I'll just get the Chrysler dealership to do the drain/refill :)

To be clear, I'll be asking for the fluid drain/refill, a new filter (the one in the pan), as well as cleaning the torque converter screen/vent. Is that correct?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Also, what is the warm idle speed supposed be?, because mine seems quiet low. I know the dash RPM gauge isn't the most accurate, but it's showing a warm idle speed of right around 700.

BTW- I checked the engine air filter and looks almost new.

·
KOG
7,230 Posts
700 is correct for my 4.0.

Reactions: Cyber

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,309 Posts
I believe the stalling that was occurring when almost at a stop has been solved. I have been driving it extensively for the last 4 days, and tried repeatedly to repeat the stall...but a stall never happened. All I did 4 days ago was (long story short), poured in a liter of a transmission cleaner / conditioner. The stall only occurred when almost at a stop at a red light or stop sign, when the engine was at idle rpm and the transmission was "winding down". It seems as though in that moment of low rpm, the transmission was causing some sort of "drag" on the low rpm engine that was causing the stall. Either that. or the cleaner revived the solenoids in the transmission? Either way, that transmission cleaner solved the low rpm stall.
Had a similar issue with my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 (Hemi/545RFE) many years ago. Only stalled when coming to a stop and the engine was not up to operating temperature. After observing this behavior for several days, I added a 1/2 qt transmission fluid. It never stalled again.

Reactions: Cyber
41 - 44 of 44 Posts