Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know or have used a certain supplier for interrior pieces and have been happy with the quality? I am looking for door panels, headliner & carpet for a 1974 Space Duster.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You will probably be stuck going with Legendary Interiors. I have restored dozens of Chryslers and in the past Legendary was the default supplier and really the only supplier. Over the past couple of years their price has shot up and their quality has dropped. The last interior parts I bought were for my 1968 GTX. The door panels are not even close to original design, the seats covers look nice but they no longer use the same attachment designs, and it made it very difficult to get the same style of look on the seats. I am not at all happy about the way they look, and it was really expensive. The last A body I did was my 1972 340 Duster and for that car I got my seat covers and door panels from P. G. Classics. The quality was excellent, and the price was much less than Legendary. The huge downside with P.G. Classics is the manufacturer is in China. My interior stuff arrived in a box with a label on it written in Chinese. For me it's not a problem since I know most aftermarket parts come from China anyway. If this type of thing is bothersome to you Legendary is an American company with their plant in New York State. The other problem with P.G. Classics is availability. They do not have a full range of products, it is hit and miss on some things. They do carry more and more stuff each year. I want to use them for my 66 Coronet convertible but they do not offer rear convertible door panels, so I will be stuck going with Legendary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard a lot of good thing about Legendary through the GM guys. Like you, it doesn't bother me to buy outside the US. Though I would rather buy american it isn't always an option. I have never heard of P.G. Classics but I will check them out in case I can get a better deal.

Sounds like you have quite the corral there! I appreciate your advise and good luck with your restorations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts