Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been stalking the forums for a couple of days and thought it was about time to introduce myself and show the world what I have been working on. My name is Jake, I bought my 2013 Pitch Black Charger SXT 8 Speed exactly four weeks and three days ago. I am planning on chronicaling my upgrades and work on her on this thread as I ad to it. I thought about how I wanted to do things to her and what I wanted to do, and I decided to go with exactly what I have always liked. I will be blacking out every aspect of this beautifuly designed machine. I want small splashes of red here and there. I plan on doing this work slowly and a lot myself. Sooo without further ado, this is my baby;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright a few updates since the original picture. I have taken a few steps toward my end result of blacking out the whole beast. Ignore the dirty car and dirty garage for that matter. I will be getting a little more work done on Tuesday and then getting her detailed and I will post some clean, outdoor pictures then. I am doing all of the chrome in matte black.
The front grill after blacking it out.

This is a shot of the tint. Legal here in Texas is 25% on the front, and my lovely wife didnt want it to dark so it is 25% on the front a 15% on the back.

I have debadged the chrome "dodge" on the trunk lid and, although you cant see it in this picture, Blacked out both the charger emblem and the chrome tips. I have future plans for the dodge badging in the tail lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are a few pictures of my attempt at using plasti dip on the tail lights... It worked and you could see the lights through the plasti dip, but I didnt like the way it looked up close so I pulled it off. I am going on Tuesday this week to have the tail lights and the headlights professionaly tinted. My plan on the tail lights, as long as the tinter can do it, is to have the recess where the dodge badging was cut out so that when I brake the "dodge" glows. I of course will post pictures when it is done.

I know they arent the best quality but in the end, it just wasnt the classy look I was going for, so I pulled it all off after two days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the mid muffler removed last week, and I love the sound that it gave her. I only have a couple of grumps about it, It sounds awesome on start up, and once the engine is warm, but in the upper 3k of the RPM band it rattles a little and sounds a tad ricey, but I think I can solve both of those with a magnaflow glasspack. As long as I am doing this right, this should be a short clip from inside of the car on start up.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUK4bhmB6Cc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so below I will list the rest of the mods on my list, both performance and cosmetic, and I will update with pictures and video as I do them.

Cosmetc;
1) Tint headlights and taillights.
2) Black out rims.
3) Mopar front lip spoiler.
4) Halos for the headlights.
5) Mopar stripes(maybe)

Performance;
1) Fix exhaust, Glasspack or Super 44 in the spot where the mid muffler was.
2) Cold air intake (Injen, or Airaid)
3) 80mm Ported throttle body
4) Throttle body spacer
5) First oil change will be going to Amsoil
6) High performance spark plugs and cables.
7) Eibach lowering springs
8) Diablo 93 octane tune.

It might take me a while, but these are all of the things I hope to do in the near future. I will keep this thread up to date, every time I change something.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Sounds like you've got some great plans for your ride, Jake. Best of luck to you. I'm not a fan of the all blacked out, stealth look personally, but that's just me. I grew up in the late 60's and early 70's, so I'm a fan of chrome. LOL Keep us posted though. It's interesting to see what you're doing and changing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts