1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Jeepaholic
6,958 Posts
Just driving by my dealer I do see a lot of Jeeps and Rams on the lot. That being said, I don’t know how many are used vs new. The Ford dealer across the street has lots of used vehicles on the lot, not much new that I can see. The Chevy/Buick/GMC dealer has about 10 vehicles spread out over the lot…I guess to give the impression they have inventory. Lol.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,234 Posts
Structurally, trucks always have the highest inventory because there are so many freakin’ varieties lumped into one nameplate.
Bad news to see Jeep and Dodge overstocked, though. Not surprising but bad.
My own dealer has finally gotten a couple of unsold cars in inventory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overstocked probably in no small part owing to the high MSRPs, shaky economy and cost of fuel. A full sized pickup is not an inexpensive vehicle to own, and with the future so uncertain, and the entry cost so high...I'm not surprised. I have a low mileage 2011 Ram 1500. It's a great vehicle, still in great shape, but even with it fully paid off I would still never use it to commute. Everything for it is expensive relative to the cost of a midsized car or SUV.

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
Gee, sales are down because the price of fuel is up.

Where have we seen that before?

Who warned us about this?

·
Super Moderator
40,826 Posts

But we were repeatedly told that when things shifted, FCA would be able to push out fuel efficient vehicles quickly (hint: they weren’t planning for this). And now Stellantis is playing catch up. Even Ford and GM were better prepared than CDJR. Pacifica Hybrid and Jeep 4xe alone won’t help, especially with high price tags that are made worse by higher interest rates.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like usual they have almost nothing to offer in the small car class now that they are in demand again. The 500X is the wrong brand, they don't call it a car (it is) and it's price is too high

·
Super Moderator
40,826 Posts
Like usual they have almost nothing to offer in the small car class now that they are in demand again. The 500X is the wrong brand, they don't call it a car (it is) and it's price is too high
And the 500x isn’t really very fuel efficient. It is below the average economy of 2022 vehicles.

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
And the 500x isn’t really very fuel efficient. It is below the average economy of 2022 vehicles.
Yes, like most Fiats, the company did not demonstrate any capability in creating fuel efficient vehicles for the North American market. All they could do was piggyback on big SUVs and Pickups, the same as Chrysler of 2008. What smaller vehicles they created were not competitive in fuel economy and were loaded with quality flaws, making them poor sellers.

Now we have high fuel prices and the company is not positioned with fuel efficient vehicles nor electrification thanks to past ownership sucking the profits out for their primary stakeholder.

·
LOAD "*",8,1
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2018 Kia Niro
1,132 Posts
Yes, like most Fiats, the company did not demonstrate any capability in creating fuel efficient vehicles for the North American market. All they could do was piggyback on big SUVs and Pickups, the same as Chrysler of 2008. What smaller vehicles they created were not competitive in fuel economy and were loaded with quality flaws, making them poor sellers.

Now we have high fuel prices and the company is not positioned with fuel efficient vehicles nor electrification thanks to past ownership sucking the profits out for their primary stakeholder.
Yeah, but at least people have their Hellcats, right? :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
40,826 Posts
It is interesting that Stella being on the bottom of on hand inventory is such a negative. It does mean that most shipped inventory is not sitting on lots.
No it is backwards, the bottom of the chart in this case means they have the most days of inventory on the lots.More unsold inventory, with discounts coming back.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

In the interests of fairness, it must be said that those who warned us about the present situation were either largely ignored or mocked and poo-pooed as Kill-Joys.

In their defense......THEY WERE RIGHT!

·
Jeepaholic
6,958 Posts

Yes I recall a few on here claiming that fuel prices will "remain low for the foreseeable future". I guess they couldn't foresee very far. :LOL:

I wonder where those people are now...hmmmmm. lol

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
Yes I recall a few on here claiming that fuel prices will "remain low for the foreseeable future". I guess they couldn't foresee very far. :LOL:

I wonder where those people are now...hmmmmm. lol
What those people are ignorant about is the FACT that fuel prices can change faster than the auto industry can change!

·
Super Moderator
40,826 Posts
I’m trying to buy a Wrangler 4xe. There are actually a few of them around and available. But I can’t find a Sahara with blind spot monitoring.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,234 Posts
The fact that you can walk into a dealership and buy a Wrangler 4xe but Broncos and RAV4s are wait-listed... is not good unless Wrangler sales are back to over 200,000/year

Side note: did anyone notice that Tesla's sales are getting seriously high? I'm really hoping that when Chevy, STLA, and such get their electrics into full production, that goes away...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
The fact that you can walk into a dealership and buy a Wrangler 4xe but Broncos and RAV4s are wait-listed... is not good unless Wrangler sales are back to over 200,000/year

Side note: did anyone notice that Tesla's sales are getting seriously high? I'm really hoping that when Chevy, STLA, and such get their electrics into full production, that goes away...
I've been trying not to notice, but it's impossible to ignore the Elon Inc. sales numbers consistently punching the rest of the industry up-side the head.

The nightmare that continually rolls around in my head is that Elon Inc. and the Chinese OEM's will gobble up the lion's share of the world's automotive market, with the legacy OEM's engaged in a desperate fight for whatever crumbs and table scraps are left.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts