Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace wireless headphones for our 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Touring and am running into problems.

The original DVD player was replaced with a different unit (#P04685932AC) which plays OK and shows a headphones icon when activated with the remote control, but a new set of IR headphones (bought from Chrysler) didn't work with it.

I understand that there are also RF headphones, but will they work with the RAZ radio head unit?
If so, where can I find them, or will the unit work with a generic RF headphone? Are they 900 mHz or 700 mHz?

Would be grateful for any help. Here are pictures of the DVD PIN diagram and accompanying radio head unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason the PIN diagram for the DVD player didn't come through the first time, here it is again...

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,488 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. I see the headphones referred to as wireless and looking up part # 5064037AA, they are supposed to be IR:
Infrared Wireless Headphones Mopar 5064037AA - MPRDO00014 at 1A Auto.com
When you turn on the headphones, does the indicator light light up? They are covered on p. 270 of your owners manual.
The remote control is also IR. It has a headphone transmit on/off button. Some radio displays will flash the headphone icon for 5 seconds if the headphone transmitter is active.
The RAZ radio was available and the part # was 5064042AB. I don't know if the one you have is compatible. I would think that it was.
The owners manual also has a quick troubleshooting section for the entertainment electronics headphone system on p. 271.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for you quick reply- I just looked up the replacement headphones that I tried that didn't work and the # is 0506 4037 AA-001. Does the number at the end indicate some kind of variant?
Also, when I pulled out the Chrysler DVD unit that I bought off eBay, "IR transmitter enable" was missing from the PIN diagram so that may indicate that I have an RF unit, but I can't seem to find any of the RF-based headphones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts