Allpar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent picture on Jeep's Facebook page sure looks to be a Gladiator 4xe. I can't link directly to the Facebook post, but the image below is from their photo gallery on Facebook.
It's subtle, but there are indications in the picture it is a Gladiator and not a Wrangler.

·
Registered
992 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how they pull it off in the Gladiator.

- Will they still use the 2.0LT after telling us for two years that they didn't offer the 2.0LT because they couldn't keep it cool while reaching for SAE J2807 towing targets?

- Will they use a larger battery pack? 20 miles of range is pathetic to begin with, so I can only imagine how poor it would be with 6,000 lbs. of trailer in tow.

- With all the added weight on a truck that's already pushing the upper limits of GVWR for a mid-size, how will they manage to maintain respectable payload capacity?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can see the 4xe logo on the DIC and the word battery on the center display. I'm having difficulty determining if it's a Gladiator, though.

·
Super Moderator
38,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see the 4xe logo on the DIC and the word battery on the center display. I'm having difficulty determining if it's a Gladiator, though.
Easy to tell it's a Gladiator. There's a cargo lamp icon on the headlight switch.
Though less clear, the roll bar is likely another giveaway.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
619 Posts
Would be very cool if they could offer this with the diesel engine, any thoughts on that combo
Like, the hybrid set-up but with a diesel engine instead of the gas engine?
I'd imagine the Ecodiesel already makes the engine bay really tight: adding a hybrid system would mean taking the front end off just to do belts.

·
Super Moderator
38,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like, the hybrid set-up but with a diesel engine instead of the gas engine?
I'd imagine the Ecodiesel already makes the engine bay really tight: adding a hybrid system would mean taking the front end off just to do belts.
Not only that but you get two price premiums. Diesel is an add on cost, hybrid system is another. ouch!

·
Registered
14,491 Posts
True but the gas mileage and towing would both be really good... if gas prices ever go back up, that would be handy.
Diesel in some products results in a lower towing capacity. The Gladiator is a good example.

·
Registered
14,491 Posts
Diesel is currently the same as 87 at some gas stations at my town.
It depends on the state. In many states, diesel is taxed higher than gasoline.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts