Allpar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, the links not working, don't know why..I found it a Automobilemag.com/rumors..if you want to see it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
JRS200x said:
Looks like a preproduction model to me.. the panel fit is terrible on the car he is driving.
Go look at some 2013 Vipers on E-Bay, many of them still have atrocious panel gaps around the trunk lid and where the hood meets the fenders and doors. They haven't improved anything since the TopGear Viper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
Go look at some 2013 Vipers on E-Bay, many of them still have atrocious panel gaps around the trunk lid and where the hood meets the fenders and doors. They haven't improved anything since the TopGear Viper.
i was just at a mopar car show in Omaha Saturday, where they had viper test drives and srt test drives among other things. they had a gts and a base srt. I did not see a large panel gap on either. http://highimpactperformance.org/Mopar_Show_2013.html

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MoparJoe said:
My question is ...who is Justin bell, and who cares
He has just played a small part in making the Viper, and by extension, SRT iconic. ;)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
You know where the hood meets the fenders where "SRT" is located that isnt a panel gap its a strip of rubber ther to cushion the hood when it closes and supports it while it flexs during cornering

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
3,813 Posts
I wasn't referring to the fit of the trunk lid on the car in that video.. if you look at the front bumper it is completely mismatched with giant gaps between the bumper and the front fenders. Looks awful and is obvious even in the far off shots.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JRS200x said:
I wasn't referring to the fit of the trunk lid on the car in that video.. if you look at the front bumper it is completely mismatched with giant gaps between the bumper and the front fenders. Looks awful and is obvious even in the far off shots.
Just watched that again from your perspective..I think I see the problem..actually the new Cherokee suffers from the same dilemma;

Size-of-Scale-Misinterpretation. The car appears to be a "land yacht," or larger than it is, if you like. This is in part, because you have only seen it in pictures. In actuallity, the Viper is shorter than a 911, and likewise, the Cherokee is much smaller than the Grand Cherokee.

So those gaps aren't as big as you're thinking or out-of-place. Rather, the chassis was engineered that way for good reason, perhaps?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts