Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,395 Posts
robertp5072 said:
Or what?
Its been a couple of years now and nothing. The only small truck that seems to be holding true for USA is the Chev Colorado and a brand-new is right around the corner. Ford as of right now, is not bringing the updated Ranger to the USA.. I just think they are just scared of pulling the trigger on the Dakota because, the Ram is selling so, well.
I see nothing wrong with a 4/6 cynl truck getting 30 Mpg or more. I would imagine it being a #1 seller if designed right. RamPage? I dont know.. They should collaberate with Honda on the next Ridgeline so, they can save a little money and have 2-options. Any more thoughts on this? Its been awhile since I have heard any news on this and thought I would bring it back up. RP :cop:
Why would I want a small truck that if it's lucky will get 25-30 mpg, when in less than a year a Ram 1500 diesel that will get nearly the same fuel mileage will be available?

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,395 Posts
XRT2SRT said:
Perhaps because there might be a 4cyl diesel option for this mid size replacement that allows it to achieve higher MPG than that diesel powered RAM 1/2 ton you mention, which makes the mid-sizer the "cat's meow" err "RAM's Baaaa" of its class. JMHO...:)
Given the cost of certification, I just don't see that happening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.