Allpar Forums banner

Is the GT the new R/T?

2426 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Christopher Judson
http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=106D77345880F4417CE75BFFFE4566EF?&id=13639&ism=KM1.8.13Facebook1&mid=2

Curious if this GT model is replacing the delayed R/T model? They seem the same to me, why bother changing the name? It either was not worthy of Road and Track badging or they are aiming for more "retro" model names is all I can think of. Though it is just a name, I personally think R/T fits better than GT for some reason, maybe because of the red cars or something.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
It sure seems that way. When it was first introduced, the R/T was to get the 2.4L Tigershark. I would guess that they are adding the GT, and the R/T is going to be an even higher output to compete with some of the hot hatches out there.

· Registered
244 Posts
Why change it from R/T to GT because of a Focus ST?

The original Dart was GT, that's probably why. There was never a Dart R/T

· Vaguely badass...
7,648 Posts
Because the ST was considered by some to be the "competition" to the R/T. Since the R/T's specs seemed to come up a bit short against the ST, they repackaged the R/T as the GT.

Or, you could be right and it's nostalgia.

Or, some supplier made them a great deal on GT badging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.