Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,570 Posts
The car at the 33 second mark is the early 2000s Sebring coupe.

·
Registered
754 Posts
300?

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Where did they dig up that old footage

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
tryphon said:
You know, it looks more modern than the current 200!
tryphon said:
You know, it looks more modern than the current 200!
I've been saying that about all of the vehicles of that era when compared to those that came post (merger-of-equals)/pre three-headed dog....lol!

·
Registered
86 Posts
XRT2SRT said:
I've been saying that about all of the vehicles of that era when compared to those that came post (merger-of-equals)/pre three-headed dog....lol!
Agreed! The 98-04 Concorde, 01-06 Sebring, etc. still look "new" on the roads today. I think it stems from the car's curves and lack of sharp edges.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
XRT2SRT said:
If you look at the Grand Cherokee, you will see it looks more like a successor to the 2004 model than the 2009 model. That's because Cerberus allowed Jeep styling to do what they wanted, rather than the boxy, Daimler styling imposed on all models.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Totally agree.
Saw a 300M Special yesterday. Absolute beauty of a car.
Timeless.....and not 'me too'.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
Dave said:
I still don't like the disconnect between grille and headlights on either of the newer models. I certainly don't like the scalloped headlights, on any car, but that's a personal thing.
Personally, like anything, it's all in the application. Scalloped equals niether good nor bad to me. I Liked it on the 300m, and the Sebring. And, accordingly, the scallopped lights on the 300m was not the work of Daimler. I like it on that sebring too, although that wasn't on the initialy 2001 coupe IIRC, that came later, and likely was the work of DCX.

But, I HATE the scalloped lights on the WK. I just have such a hard time liking that vehicle. Bad, bad interior, materials wise. It's only redeaming value is the Hemi as an option. (Although having driven it side by side with a WJ Overland with the high output 4.7 in the Overland, the older WJ can hold it's own pretty damn well in that config). The WJ Overland is a FREAKING NICE Jeep. It dwarfs it's immedate successor in almost every way. The 2011 GCs though, reclaimed many of of the shortcomings. With the exception of the suspension - and I will stop there. lol

·
The Negative Optimist
1,903 Posts
unverferth said:
Totally agree.
Saw a 300M Special yesterday. Absolute beauty of a car.
Timeless.....and not 'me too'.
Love it too. Though I've never really been in the market for a car, this has been on the top of the list of used one's I'd buy. Along with the '02 Sebring coupe...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts