Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
I saved it on the Wayback Machine. Dodge Official Site – Muscle Cars & Sports Cars
Btw, here how the Dodge site looked in August 2002.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sorry, this isn't new. Dodge's website has had links to the Ram Trucks page pretty much since they were split.

I have photographic evidence.

This is from way back in 2015.

This is from 2018.

Both show Ram Trucks.

What is more sad is how little their offerings have changed... 😢

·
Super Moderator
38,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, so it looks like it has come and gone a few times over the years. At least it's back now.- and prominent.
There's always been some link, often hidden at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
When is the 300 gonna be on the Dodge B&P section? How about the 500X?
Yes, there should be better links between the brands, not just one for Ram.

Reactions: danbek

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
616 Posts
Yes, there should be better links between the brands, not just one for Ram.
Funny, there isn't a link to Lexus on either the "Select a Car" tab or the B&P section on Toyota's US website. Nor can I go to the Buick, GMC, or Cadillac websites from the Chevrolet site.

·
Super Moderator
38,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny, there isn't a link to Lexus on either the "Select a Car" tab or the B&P section on Toyota's US website. Nor can I go to the Buick, GMC, or Cadillac websites from the Chevrolet site.
Both Toyota and Chevrolet are full line brands - you don't have to swap brands when you go from a car to an SUV to a pickup truck.
FCA chose to have no full line brands - expecting people to move fluidly between the niche brands but yet not designing websites that made that easy to search.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
616 Posts
Both Toyota and Chevrolet are full line brands - you don't have to swap brands when you go from a car to an SUV to a pickup truck.
FCA chose to have no full line brands - expecting people to move fluidly between the niche brands but yet not designing websites that made that easy to search.
Yeah, but people might see a 70k Tahoe and figure they'd get the Yukon cheaper, or a better deal with the Escalade, so there should be a jump between the full-line and premium like what you guys are crying for with the cheaper, not-as appealing old Dodges with trucks that aren't my dad's Ram, or the other brands in general.
Customers aren't stupid, they've already jumped between the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa, and probably even Maserati pages well before any of us stopped typing out our responses, and all without having a clear-as-day, redundant hyperlink to another brands page.
That URL bar is used quite alot.

·
Super Moderator
38,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, but people might see a 70k Tahoe and figure they'd get the Yukon cheaper, or a better deal with the Escalade, so there should be a jump between the full-line and premium like what you guys are crying for with the cheaper, not-as appealing old Dodges with trucks that aren't my dad's Ram, or the other brands in general.
Customers aren't stupid, they've already jumped between the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa, and probably even Maserati pages well before any of us stopped typing out our responses, and all without having a clear-as-day, redundant hyperlink to another brands page.
That URL bar is used quite alot.
Time to apply for a marketing job since you've got it all figured out.
You'd be surprised how many people don't find things unless they are lead there. It all comes down to customer experience and ease of use.

For your information, the Chevrolet site has the links to other GM sites hidden at the bottom of the page just like the FCA sites did. I guess the links at the bottom aren't so great since you didn't see them on the Chevrolet site.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
616 Posts
Time to apply for a marketing job since you've got it all figured out.
You'd be surprised how many people don't find things unless they are lead there. It all comes down to customer experience and ease of use.

For your information, the Chevrolet site has the links to other GM sites hidden at the bottom of the page just like the FCA sites did. I guess the links at the bottom aren't so great since you didn't see them on the Chevrolet site.
I didn't see that, because I'm not looking for something from another brand if I'm at the website I'm currently on.
It's almost like people don't cross-reference cheap cars with expensive cars, and muscle cars with luxury pick-ups aren't cross shopped either, are they?

·
Super Moderator
38,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I didn't see that, because I'm not looking for something from another brand if I'm at the website I'm currently on.
It's almost like people don't cross-reference cheap cars with expensive cars, and muscle cars with luxury pick-ups aren't cross shopped either, are they?
I guess you missed my point in the earlier post. if you own a Chevy SUV, you go to Chevy's website and there you can see the company's pickup trucks they offer. Or you own a Toyota truck and are looking for a minivan - it's right there on the Toyota site.
If you own a Jeep SUV, you won't see any pickups other than Gladiator. So unless you spot the links for other brands at the bottom (which you missed on the Chevrolet site) the shopper can't jump from SUV to trucks without extra work. Same for a Chrysler minivan owner - unless you're looking for another minivan or a 300 - you've got the find the obscure link or leave the site,
That's not good user experience. Every time you make a user leave your web page you increase the chances you lose them.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
  1. The Journey is still on the site
  2. The Grand Caravan is still on the site
  3. The Charger defaults to 2020
  4. The Challenger defaults to 2020
  5. The Durango is the only vehicle that defaults to 2021
The company websites are a joke and have been since the Daimler days, some things never change.

Reactions: FreeLantz

·
Banned
328 Posts
  1. The Journey is still on the site
  2. The Grand Caravan is still on the site
  3. The Charger defaults to 2020
  4. The Challenger defaults to 2020
  5. The Durango is the only vehicle that defaults to 2021
The company websites are a joke and have been since the Daimler days, some things never change.
I believe they use 2020's on the website until dealer stock gets to a certain (low) level. They do it every year and its the only thing that makes sense

1 - 20 of 33 Posts