Allpar Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I believe they use 2020's on the website until dealer stock gets to a certain (low) level. They do it every year and its the only thing that makes sense
I find it impossible to believe that 2020 inventories are justification for that still. My dealers barely have any 2021 models! Autotrader shows 352 2020 Chargers NATIONWIDE and I know for a fact it's wrong because before I ordered my 2021 I inquired about 10 2020 models close to me and they were all sold last year.

Reactions: page2171

·
Registered
14,115 Posts
I find it impossible to believe that 2020 inventories are justification for that still. My dealers barely have any 2021 models! Autotrader shows 352 2020 Chargers NATIONWIDE and I know for a fact it's wrong because before I ordered my 2021 I inquired about 10 2020 models close to me and they were all sold last year.
That is not the way it works.

The websites have nothing to do with inventory levels.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
That is not the way it works.

The websites have nothing to do with inventory levels.
I know, I was replying to the other post with the counter using logic about it ;)

Reactions: Erik Latranyi

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yeah, but people might see a 70k Tahoe and figure they'd get the Yukon cheaper, or a better deal with the Escalade, so there should be a jump between the full-line and premium like what you guys are crying for with the cheaper, not-as appealing old Dodges with trucks that aren't my dad's Ram, or the other brands in general.
Customers aren't stupid, they've already jumped between the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa, and probably even Maserati pages well before any of us stopped typing out our responses, and all without having a clear-as-day, redundant hyperlink to another brands page.
That URL bar is used quite alot.
They are clearly not jumping to Fiat or Alfa or their sales would be better.

·
Registered
317 Posts
With so many plants down they very well may have more 2020's than 2021's right now. I know the dealer up the road has nothing in stock, place looks like it went out of business :oops:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
With so many plants down they very well may have more 2020's than 2021's right now. I know the dealer up the road has nothing in stock, place looks like it went out of business :oops:
The dealer by us 60 Jeeps, 22 Rams, 6 Dodges, 2 Chryslers, all 2021.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The dealer by us 60 Jeeps, 22 Rams, 6 Dodges, 2 Chryslers, all 2021.
The dealer by me has 11 Rams (9 - 2021 DT Ram 1500s, 1 - 2021 Ram 2500, 1 - 2019 DS Ram 1500), 10 Jeeps (2 - Cherokees, 1 - Compass, 2 - Gladiators, 3 Grand Cherokees, 2 - Renegades...all 2021s), 9 Dodges (6 - 2020 Journeys, 1 - 2020 Grand Caravan, 2 - 2021 Challengers), and 2 Chryslers (both 2020 300s).

BTW...if anyone is looking for a regular cab, short bed, 2wd Ram 1500 with a Hemi, that 2019 Ram just might be the one for you and you might be able to get a decent deal for it. Not sure who thought anyone in northern WI would be interested in it.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,963 Posts
  1. The Journey is still on the site
  2. The Grand Caravan is still on the site
  3. The Charger defaults to 2020
  4. The Challenger defaults to 2020
  5. The Durango is the only vehicle that defaults to 2021
The company websites are a joke and have been since the Daimler days, some things never change.
Chrysler Corporation, DCX, CG LLC, FCA... it hasn't mattered... the websites for consumers and for the media have always been awful.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,511 Posts
Chrysler Corporation, DCX, CG LLC, FCA... it hasn't mattered... the websites for consumers and for the media have always been awful.
True but most automakers also get it really wrong. I've gotten very frustrated by some competitors' sites as I've tried to get basic info. Toyota insists my local dealer has cars which he definitely doesn't have, too.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If there's one thing I've seen about inventories, is that Stellanits brands are not the exception, they're the same as others. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda, all have this issue just like Stellantis. Whether on the MFG website, or a third party like Autotrader, real-time inventories are just... not accurate it seems.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
If there's one thing I've seen about inventories, is that Stellanits brands are not the exception, they're the same as others. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda, all have this issue just like Stellantis. Whether on the MFG website, or a third party like Autotrader, real-time inventories are just... not accurate it seems.
Back when I was buying in 2009 (I don't know if its still the case) this was on purpose to force people into the showroom so they can do their typical dealer tricks. The instant you give the buyer the ability to cross shop and negotiate from home, the dealerships don't know how to handle themselves. My sister was getting frustrated negotiating for an Odessey because they kept getting sold while she was negotiating to people physically buying in person. She eventually got a deal settled on a car that was 2hrs from her home, and they delivered it to her home!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts