Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,727 Posts
Is that not what the Cherokee does?

Mopar has needed to get into the full size SUV competition for many years now. This is gonna be great.

My only hope is that somehow they price a trim for an entry level guy too.
That’s what Cherokee is supposed to do, but it isn’t doing it too well.

But I do like them expanding not the new territory.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
We really like our Cherokee...not even sure who makes a RAV4...just new it was a smaller SUV.

I am anxious to see what trims it comes in. A true trailhawk version will be something the other makes do not have.

Any word if the difference between Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will be wheelbase or 1500/2500?
Guessing it is just wheelbase.

I am sure the plan is for luxury more than working...but I would love to see a trim for the utility of it too.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Is that not what the Cherokee does?

Mopar has needed to get into the full size SUV competition for many years now. This is gonna be great.

My only hope is that somehow they price a trim for an entry level guy too.
Had they made a Chrysler version your wish may have come true..Not likely with a Jeep badge on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That’s what Cherokee is supposed to do, but it isn’t doing it too well.

But I do like them expanding not the new territory.
They do sell like 200k Cherokee's a year. it's like #4 or 5 in the segment. Rav4 and CRV sell about 400k each Escape about 250k and Equinox about 300k.

·
Super Moderator
38,727 Posts
They do sell like 200k Cherokee's a year. it's like #4 or 5 in the segment. Rav4 and CRV sell about 400k each Escape about 250k and Equinox about 300k.
And, almost since day 1, Cherokee has been pretty heavily incentivized to hit those sales numbers.

·
10,444 Posts
Before the pandemic, Cherokee and Compass sales had been declining for months; RAV4 sales had been growing.

The redesigned RAV4 has been a hit. About 1/3 of all RAV4 sales are hybrid; Toyota can’t build them fast enough.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Great to hear so many friends are upgrading from Grand Caravans to Suburbans so they have the seating & hauling capabilities too.Crew cabs with a box cover aren't considered an option. I know several people whose current SUVs are getting long in the tooth and are ready for the step up. As long as the Grand Wagoneer is priced competitively they should have no problem selling them here.

·
Jeepaholic
6,265 Posts
I feel like this thread should have a more specific title. As it stands, it sounds like one of my patients getting ready to poop...”it’s coming....”. Of course it could have other colorful meanings too, but this is a family site. :D

Reactions: Tony K and tlc

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Regarding elk-tests, it was the 2012 GC model that failed; the problem was fixed soon after, and by 2017, the GC passed the elk-test
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xFPdfcNmVc

“The high weight and lack of agility come to light during the evasive manoeuvre and the cone slalom. In both situations, the Grand Cherokee reacted awkwardly and slowly, but retained stability at all times and allowed the driver to maintain a good sense of control.”

Jeep Grand Cherokee (2017) | Impresiones de conducción - km77.com (at https://www.km77.com/coches/jeep/grand-cherokee/2017/estandar/informacion/jeep-grand-cherokee-2017-impresiones-de-conduccion )

It doesn’t look pretty, but all wheels stay on the ground, no wheel digs in, and the back doesn’t kick out dangerously after returning to the original lane. That speed of 76 km/h is faster than the earlier Teknikens Värld test fail in 2012.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Bottom line:

Who will be buying one when it comes out???

1 - 20 of 46 Posts