Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear camera on my 2018 Fiat 500l started not working right several weeks ago. I don't know if it's because of the back hatch being slammed down by idiots that don't know what "Please don't slam the door down" means, if it's because of the dust since I live off a gravel road, if it's related to the latch not engaging sometimes or maybe it's the wiring itself. When it finally does start working again it's usually from closing the back hatch, when that happens I try my best to not open that back door as that knocks my camera off again. It still gives of proximity beeps. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,631 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Is it still under the basic 3/36 warranty or have any extended service contract in effect?
The camera lens should be kept clean, but you say it seems to be related to the jarring of a hatch slam?

Check the wiring (4 wires) at the camera that may have corrosion or loose contacts that could cause contact issues from a mechanical shock while closing the hatch?

There is a fuse (F51) in the BCM. If it is a plug-in style, it may be unseated and needs to be pushed in fully. Check all underhood and interior fuses to be sure they are seated.

There is a radio software update on TSB # 08-033-18 that may or may not affect rear camera display on Uconnect 4 radios built before 11-10-17. See the drivers door label for your build date.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.