Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read this article....its a little sketchy. On one hand they say:

We can't tell or show you ALL of what we saw as there is an embargo until September 1st but we CAN show you these GREAT exclusive shots of some REALLY cool Jeep Wrangler concepts done by Mopar.

Then they show a jack ton of pictures. So is the embargo on a real concept car, or another Mopar-will-never-be-produced/impossible-for-anyone-to-ever-recreate-Wrangler concept car?

http://www.autospies.com/news/SPIED-2014-Jeep-Concepts-Break-Cover-Early-If-You-Thought-The-10a-Was-Cool-They-May-Have-Sunk-your-BATTLESHIP-76876/

Any insight?

·
Administrator
35,245 Posts
These are old concept cars shown at an event last Friday. They don't have an exclusive or anything. Just more photography of existing concepts. The embargo is on the 2014 model year changes. Now, I have not yet looked at the 2014 releases, but we've posted a bunch of stuff that I'm pretty sure about, so if you've been reading allpar, you're not likely to be surprised by their embargoed info.

Those shots are only “exclusive” because they took them ... as any photo I shoot and post is “exclusive.” (Like our big exclusive photo of the Dodge Dart GT!!! in the latest news article, which is a car you've seen a dozen times already. My brief review could be called “exclusive!” because nobody else has it, but on the other hand, everyone had access to the car itself.)

There will be a bunch of info coming out from various sources over the next week.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr. Z said:
These are old concept cars shown at an event last Friday. They don't have an exclusive or anything. Just more photography of existing concepts. The embargo is on the 2014 model year changes. Now, I have not yet looked at the 2014 releases, but we've posted a bunch of stuff that I'm pretty sure about, so if you've been reading allpar, you're not likely to be surprised by their embargoed info.

Those shots are only “exclusive” because they took them ... as any photo I shoot and post is “exclusive.” (Like our big exclusive photo of the Dodge Dart GT!!! in the latest news article, which is a car you've seen a dozen times already. My brief review could be called “exclusive!” because nobody else has it, but on the other hand, everyone had access to the car itself.)

There will be a bunch of info coming out from various sources over the next week.
Thanks. I couldn't imagine what news they had about the 2014 model year vehicles that hasn't already been discussed or leaked. What is the sense of the embargo?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
In some cases, it can be used to sell what's on lots know, rather than have consumers wait until the new model year vehicles come out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts