Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
It's being discussed in the Death of Jeep thread already.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Moderators, can we move this thread to DOJ? Please?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that's embarrassing. That thread goes so fast I don't follow it anymore. Okay admins, delete this thing please...

·
Registered
377 Posts
TripleT said:
No I believe this warrants a independent thread, not everything new Jeep needs to be lumped into the Negative thread.
Agreed and it allows others to not have to search through pages and pages of negativity for one or two posts that are neutral or positive and informative.

Reactions: DDakRT

·
Registered
452 Posts
Then you'll get another negative thread........they sure didn't show much to assuage the fears of folks looking for a capable vehicle.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
ralph.jones said:
Agreed and it allows others to not have to search through pages and pages of negativity for one or two posts that are neutral or positive and informative.
Yeah, unfortunately, this video doesn't help. As the posts in that thread show. It was quickly pointed out that they clearly piled up dirt before the rock, likely to offset the poor approach angle caused by the large overhang.

This video isn't going to yield anymore positive news than anything else that's been posted. If anything, it comes darn close to vindicated those who said it would not be a good performer offroad. Not showing anything more challenging is reasonable "guilt" by omission.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Well my wife Journey wouldn't make it through that especially 18 sec - 21 sec.

Thought it was a nice little tease

·
Registered
452 Posts
Let me toss this out there for consideration: Would a 2007 Patriot be capable of accomplishing what we saw in that video? I'm thinking yes....so what did they really prove here?

In other words, show me a clip of the Patriot & KK failing when the KL succeeds. Show me a clip where a Subaru Forester or Suzuki Grand Vitara is stuck, but the new Cherokee is still rolling. Show me a clip where the Land Rover LR2 can't make it up the same hill. Then, AT LEAST, you've proven that you've got the most capable mid-sized CUV available today.....if not a true JEEP.

·
Registered
97 Posts
well too bad the video is gone already... but i am taking most ppls word for what it seemed to be.

NY can't come quick enough.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
unclejjg said:
Let me toss this out there for consideration: Would a 2007 Patriot be capable of accomplishing what we saw in that video? I'm thinking yes....so what did they really prove here?

In other words, show me a clip of the Patriot & KK failing when the KL succeeds. Show me a clip where a Subaru Forester or Suzuki Grand Vitara is stuck, but the new Cherokee is still rolling. Show me a clip where the Land Rover LR2 can't make it up the same hill. Then, AT LEAST, you've proven that you've got the most capable mid-sized CUV available today.....if not a true JEEP.
It was a tease not a full out 2 hr comparative test, like I said my Journey wouldn't have made it so Awd Car comment are just more it aint a XJ fodder.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The video is available elsewhere on the net. It does not appear conclusive that dirt was added. Lighting is different; so, the dirt has a brighter clay color in the KL video. The rut on the right side of the "approach" looks no different in both videos. If dirt had been added, the rut in the KL video would have likely been covered.

Edit: It does look raked at the least.

·
Registered
452 Posts
TripleT said:
It was a tease not a full out 2 hr comparative test, like I said my Journey wouldn't have made it so Awd Car comment are just more it aint a XJ fodder.
Where is the AWD car comment? None I listed are a car, they all claim SUV or CUV. Grave Vitara has a transfer case, so does the KK. The Patriot is another JEEP for Christ's sake, and the LR2 is the only other brand actively pursuing offroad chops via electronic gizmos. The Forester is a leader in Awd and ground clearance and have added there own east/west power split system this year. Each one of these should have been surpassed by the new JEEP.

I agree the video didn't show much, but like many movie trailers, they tend to spill the beans pretty well right away. That was not impressive.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Update: the video is private for PentaStars only so I've deleted the news announcement.
It's back and with sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=i9thzWtfplg

·
Registered
70 Posts
THe Cherokee bashing is getting rather old. Yes, I understand its not your beloved XJ from 12 years ago. The industry has evolved. It's changed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
The video is available elsewhere on the net. It does not appear conclusive that dirt was added. Lighting is different; so, the dirt has a brighter clay color in the KL video. The rut on the right side of the "approach" looks no different in both videos. If dirt had been added, the rut in the KL video would have likely been covered.

Edit: It does look raked at the least.
I call Cow Feces......

Freeze the frame at 7:47 on the grand Cherokee video, and 0:25 on the Cherokee video......use the large rocks as reference points....it's pretty obvious. (Apparently not, as I was wrong)

MoparStu said:
THe Cherokee bashing is getting rather old. Yes, I understand its not your beloved XJ from 12 years ago. The industry has evolved. It's changed.
Why is calling a spade a spade considered bashing. Do you guys expect zero offroad performance from this thing? Never mind the XJ'S...this is not comparable to my KK, my Blazer, or my old GC. If I am correct, this thread is about the Cherokee offroad...he'll it's got a video of it. It didn't impress, should I lie, or just not comment?

1 - 20 of 255 Posts